Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SV650X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SVRider community!

I got a great deal on a "new old stock" SV for sub 6K. It was hard to say no, and coming of a YZF-R3, I really think this was a great step up.

I'm located in Vancouver, BC, and I really enjoy online communities like this! I come with 17 years of automotive paint experience, but only 3 years of riding seasons. I'm happy to help with any refinishing process, as well as take in as much SV, or any motorcycle related info!

20210508_112720_HDR.jpg
20210508_112726_HDR.jpg 20210508_112714_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
311 Posts
That is nice! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Wow, sub $6k, in Canada no less! You got a heckuvadeal sir, good going. I bet the R3 prep'd you perfectly for the x-model ergonomics and the power will be a nice bump.
Happy trails 👊✊

·
Registered
2018 SV650X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, sub $6k, in Canada no less! You got a heckuvadeal sir, good going. I bet the R3 prep'd you perfectly for the x-model ergonomics and the power will be a nice bump.
Happy trails 👊✊
It sure did!

I did drop the clip ons on the R3 for a more aggresive posture, but the X seems like it's a bit further, but not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same here! I want to take my GF riding up Cypress Bowl and up to Squamish. Hopefully this year things will open up.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I also got a leftover SV and one thing to really check for is rust in the tank. If you see ANY signs of corrosion....get that tank off and clean it out. The fuel filters aren't very large and don't hold a lot of material before they clog up. My bike came with the promise of a fresh tank so while it took a few months to arrive (had to build it new) I rode after the dealer had tried cleaning the tank....but the filter did clog and that can suck. Once you're well acquainted with the new bike you might check into the fuel filter bypass mod then install an external filter that can be regularly serviced as it should be. The stock filter is close to $300 now!!!! Welcome to the SV community and man....that's a pretty bike you got! :)

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
225 Posts
Welcome to SVR. You'll find lots of information, advice, and expertise here that will make your ownership much more enjoyable. Beautiful motorcycle. Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts