Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Norway was today coming to terms with one of the worst atrocities in recent European history as police revealed that 92 people died in the attacks in the centre of Oslo and on a nearby island summer camp, apparently the work of a lone gunman.
-The killings, it now seems clear, were carried out by a 32-year old Norwegian, named by local media as Anders Behring Breivik, who had expressed far-right views, and had dressed as a policeman to carry out his bomb attack on government buildings in central Oslo before heading to the island of Utøya, where he shot at least 85 people.

-It was revealed that the alleged bomber/shooter, a Christian Fundamentalist member of the country's conservative Progress party – who had become ever more extreme in his hatred of Muslims, immigrants, leftwingers and the country's political establishment – had ordered six tonnes of fertiliser in May to be used in the bombing.

The USA must strike back against this terrorist act .. since we are at war with terrorism .. and we must attack those who teach and support this type of extremism wherever we may find it.
I hereby call for pre-emptive drone strikes against ................ Washington, DC.

Oh I forgot, the word "terrorism" now means: violence committed by Muslims whom the West dislikes, no matter the cause or the target.
http://www.salon.com/news/terrorism/index.html?story=/opinion/greenwald/2011/07/23/nyt
-

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
But Amy Wienhouse died, most likely of OD. Don't you care about that?...

We'll end up hearing more about a dead junkie than this on the news than real events that actually make a difference in society.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
He ordered the fertilizer because he owns a nursery....well it helped him to get it. What is amazing is that there isn't a death penalty for this guy. He should have been shot on the spot.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Whenever I hear about an attack such as this, or somebody having problems and killing his/her Family, I can't help but wish they had killed themselves first. If they can come back from the dead to accomplish their goal, then maybe they were right in the first place. Of course, the key is they need to come back from the dead first. I can only think of one person who has reportedly done that.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Here's a good read, describing a lot about him with some pix.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/faces-of-hatred-norway-mass-killers-life-laid-bare-2319892.html

In a 1,500-page online manifesto, published just hours before Friday's rampage, Breivik described his preparations for the attacks.

* Wednesday May 11, Day 10: The largest military base in the country is located just a few kilometres north-east of my farm. It would have saved me a lot of hassle if I could just "borrow" a cup of sugar and 3kg of C4 from my dear neighbour.

* Monday July 18, Day 48: Exhausted!!! Good workout though. I'm drinking 4 x protein shakes per day to maximise muscle generation.

* Saturday June 25, Day 55: Refined individuals like myself is (sic) a rare commodity here so I notice I do get a lot of attention. It's the way I dress and look. There are mostly unrefined/un-cultivated people living here.

* Friday July 22, Day 82: Initiate blasting sequences at pre-determined sites. Have enough material for at least 20 blasts. Time is running out.

The old saying "if you want something done, then do it yourself" is as relevant now as it was then. I believe this is will be my last entry.
Eight Years he'd been planning this!

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
I assume that does not take into account the 80+ charges of premeditated murder.

That will probably earn him enough prison time to turn him to dust.
Not the way I read a different article, they stated he would most likely get out of prison while still alive (21 years). There was some sort of catch that they would have to bring it back to court every 5 years or something like that. Another one stated that they may be able to keep him in prison if he is a risk to society or some crap like that....that a fawking given though, so hopefully that works.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
This is how it works, according to CNN:

In Norway, the maximum sentence on such a charge is 21 years. However, if the court deems that a person could be a future threat, then they can be sentenced to "preventative detention," Holtaas said. Under that type of sentence, a person would serve the maximum sentence of 21 years and then the court could assess an extension if the person was still deemed a threat, he said.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Read over the weekend that police response time was 1.5 hours from when shots were heard on the island, mostly due to lack of quick access to a helicopter or boat. What a horrible scene it must have been.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gee .. why would a ultra-conservative, Muslim hating, anti-immigrant "lone gunman" feel compelled to attack a Norwegian workers party youth camp?

Our MSM is, as usual, not asking the obvious question.

Why?

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
The short, glib, but irrefutably true answer is "because it made sense to him." And it appears he desperately wants to share his logic with all Norwegians and the world at large. The arraigning judge has (wisely, in my mind) denied him the opportunity to make the criminal process a travesty by closing the courtroom during the bail-or-jail hearing.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The short, glib, but irrefutably true answer is "because it made sense to him." And it appears he desperately wants to share his logic with all Norwegians and the world at large. The arraigning judge has (wisely, in my mind) denied him the opportunity to make the criminal process a travesty by closing the courtroom during the bail-or-jail hearing.
If you read his manifesto, it is apparent that this was not a crazed lunatic at all. This man was highly educated, well spoken and well financed.

The only fragment of an answer that we have heard from the American press is that he wanted to spark an anti-Muslim crusade in Europe ..

So, how would attacking a youth labor camp for Norwegian teenagers accomplish that end? (and why is no one in the MSM asking that obvious question?)

Ummm .. because he hated their freedom?

I think not ...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts