Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

So I have been riding for 4 years and about 35k miles and within the next two months I will be doing my first trackday. I have always ran sport-touring tires, currently running Pilot Road 2's ( I love the long life, they are plenty sticky for the road). Although the pilot roads might do well on the track at my level, they are expensive tires and I would rather buy a different tire that would be ONLY used on trackdays.

Bike has penske shock and upgraded springs+oil in the front.

In the price range of 200 to 250 for the set, what would you recommend?

;)The BT016s? Pilot powers? Those two seem to fit the bill, unless I hear otherwise from the experienced folks at svrider ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi all,
;)The BT016s? Pilot powers? Those two seem to fit the bill, unless I hear otherwise from the experienced folks at svrider ;)
Unless you already have a spare set of wheels laying around, PR2's will be find for your first day. After that, Pilot Powers or Pures, Q2's, etc will be fine for any Novice or Intermediate pace. 30 psi front and rear is a good starting point for street tires.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Like they said - your tires now will be fine for the first time out or maybe even the second time out. You'll be more focused on learning the lines, body position, setting brake markers, braking, down shifting, and trail braking all at the same time etc ;)

I personally like Bridgestone' BT-003RS tires.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Unless you already have a spare set of wheels laying around, PR2's will be find for your first day. After that, Pilot Powers or Pures, Q2's, etc will be fine for any Novice or Intermediate pace. 30 psi front and rear is a good starting point for street tires.
+1
Don't even worry about it. Assuming they have adequate tread left, PRs will be fine for your pace, and they won't get destroyed at 1, 2, or even 3 of your first track days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts