Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a noob thinking about getting a SV...
riding a 2002 R6 with a few little mods right now but the open road is calling to me. i want to ride across the country and the R6 is just too racey... SV seems a lot more touring friendly while still sporty. r6 is great for everything else though...
anyway hello!

haha, had this account for a while, i had a yamaha seca II with 2000 original miles and sold it for the R6

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not to be a traitor or anything, but have you considered a Honda VFR800? That's an awesome sport/tour. With it's 5 gallon tank that baby will go over 200 miles between fill-ups!!! My SV1000 only went a pathetic 116 miles before the FUEL light came on. (BTW, I've only had it for 180 miles)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VFR is one of my favorite bikes of all time. the exhaust note is amazing and the single sided swing-arm looks so cool... ive been close to buying the older (more sport bike oriented ones) many times, alas the modern ones are a lil rich for my blood

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome. VFRs are very nice. Anyways good luck. I have taken my 650 out a few times for day trips. Only around 500-600 miles. I can get around 160 miles a tank. Highway speeds and a bit spirited riding. BTW how did you like the Seca? I was always interested them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome. VFRs are very nice. Anyways good luck. I have taken my 650 out a few times for day trips. Only around 500-600 miles. I can get around 160 miles a tank. Highway speeds and a bit spirited riding. BTW how did you like the Seca? I was always interested them.
I loved it. the only reason i upgraded is because my bike kind of fell in my lap at a good deal and i was commuting a lot and the seca wasn't ideal for that. mine was extremely cold natured (air cooled I-4) and it took a long time (15 min) to warm up so it was a major pain to ride it when u actually had to get somewhere. the fairing liked to vibrate at hw speeds. once it was warmed up, it rode awesome. seating position was comfortable, stable, long wheelbase. beautiful tubular frame. bought it at a toyota dealership and the old bill of sale indicated that the woman traded it in on a new corolla... so i guess those garage gems still exist

and teh new one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts