Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need a master of the obvious to kindly help out this noob who is oblivious.

I just got the CRG 3" LS mirrors, and as I was getting ready to install them on my '05 naked, the weights are wider than the 7/8" clamp on the mirrors. Do I have to remove the weights and move the grips/controls in just enough (so that they're not flush with the end of the bars) and there is therefore some room to attach the mirror clamp? Or, get the internal adaptor that CRG offers? Or?

Thanks much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Moving the controls and grips would require drilling new locator holes, so that's usually more trouble than it's worth. You're going to need a set of bar end plugs to mount the mirror, or if you have small hands, you might be able to get away with trimming away a small section of grip on the left side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have them on my Triumph, just trimmed the grips and the throttle tube a little. I have plenty of room unless I'm wearing really big winter gloves, still works though.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I just got a CRG to install as well. I plan on putting my bar end in a brake lathe to slim down the section closest to the bar and sliding the mirror on that, then sliding the whole thing into the end. I'll take pics this weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Algreen, I'd definitely like to see how that looks when you're done, pics would indeed be great.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Grimace said:
Thanks for the responses.

Algreen, I'd definitely like to see how that looks when you're done, pics would indeed be great.
Here you go... I had my friend machine down the GSXR bar-end to 7/8" diameter and 10mm deep.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I started messing with the controls on my naked SV I just cut the locator pins out. It takes a few minutes and a knife. That would be alot easier than trying to cut down the throttle tube. I do agree that getting the barend thrown on a lathe and cut would be the best if you have that as an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts