Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some symptoms of a bad rod in the front cylinder. Also cam and cam chain issues in the front cylinder as well. My bike seems to ride fairly well once started but makes a pretty bad sound in the front cylinder that is highly noticable while idling. My mechanic thinks these may be the potential issues but hasn't taken anything apart yet. What do you guys think. Thanks, any insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Its really hard to diagnose something like that without hearing it. It could be anything from a rod bearing to a loose valve making noise. So you have any reason to suspect you have a rod knock? Did you run it out of oil? Prolonged wheelies? How old is the bike and how many miles does it have? You also hafta realize that these vtwin motors make alot of strange sounds. It kinda sounds like your mechanic isnt sure what he is listening to. My advise.....take it to a knowledgable bike mechanic who knows these bikes and can listen to it and look it over and tell you if you have any problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts