Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first SV650 I have had my GS550 for about a year and finaly finished it. The SV needs a lot of work. THe worst part of it is I need a new frame for it considering I picked it up for 300 from a buddy I dont mind changing the frame. If anyone has one hit me up. I would like to learn about these bikes I figured I would hit the forums up like I did with the 550.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
welcome to svr, do you know what gen of frame you need? a few pop up on here every once in a while. good luck and don't forget to post up pics of the build ;D

·
Registered
103 Posts
welcome, i picked up a fixer upper too. most of my parts came from nudist^.

hes a great guy and knows his stuff. also check out local sv forums and forums.x13.com

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I dont know how the SV's go as far as gen's I have a regular 04 650 no s
That would be a second gen..... 1st is 99' - 02'..carb'ed..then you have the ba$tard year of 03' :D and second gen is 04' - current which are EFI.
Only kidding about the 03'.....it's the first year of the second gen but it had a different ie: "higher" rear subframe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be a second gen..... 1st is 99' - 02'..carb'ed..then you have the ba$tard year of 03' :D and second gen is 04' - current which are EFI.
Only kidding about the 03'.....it's the first year of the second gen but it had a different ie: "higher" rear subframe.
Thanks for the info. Those 04 frames seem like they are nearly impossible to find.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have a frame only from a 05 it everything will work with your bike make me a offer it is clean im trying to post it in the forsale section but it wont let me i have had a account longer then 14 days and more then 25 post? idk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts