Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
noob from socal...in need of some help

Always liked the sv650s and came upon a crashed one for $250 so i picked it up. im trying to learn everything about this bike as fast as possible. lots to read on here alone. the pics below will show what im working with here. i know i need a new fairing stay, headlight, front cover, new tank, new rear seat and plastics, the bars that support the rear seat, idk what these r called, new tail lights, and new foot brake lever. oh yeah, new exhaust too. if anybody sees something else i need please let me know. thanks.

thanks and hopefully i can have this thing all put back together by july/august

-david

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
wow, that thing is REALLY wadded up.
Good luck with the rebuild, there's alot of work there.
As for the bars that hold the rear seat, you're looking for a rear subframe ;) Lucky for you it's an 04 and not an 03. You can get anything from 04+, for the most part.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Welcome to SVR. Nothing like a good project to keep you off the streets and keep your wallet empty ;D

·
Chief Greeter
28,489 Posts
Re: noob from socal...in need of some help

Hi 918SV (David), Welcome to SVR. Good luck with your bike project.

Have fun and ride safe!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
****....That's a nice project right there... keep us informed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the encouragement. its definitely a project. ive been talking to nathan about getting new parts. should be getting alot soon. its a project but as i pull it apart found some cool things like a dynojet power commander and then nate told me about the traxxion dynamics. cant wait to get this thing on the street. and yes, nothing like a good project to keep my wallet empty. ill be taking pics thru the rebuild and posting along the way. thanks for the welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts