Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tasked with turning this into a raceable SV650, not a bad starting package from what I can see. The motor's okay (owner took care of that), so I need to do suspension, chassis and basic race prep setup on it, as well as find the right fairing. The owner wants a vintage cafe racer look, I'm thinking a 1st gen Ducati 750ss or Rickman roadracer sort of bikini fairing, with a WERA-legal bellypan that doesn't look too out of place, with some sort of matching tail/seat section. I was supplied with the Gixxer front fairing stay, gauges, a fresh Gixxer 750 shock, and steel braided lines. I'm new to SV's (Mini's and RS125's are my thing...) so I'd appreciate any input from the collective.
Troy Gessner
T&J Racing

·
Registered
542 Posts
Do you mean gsxr forks or rear shock? If you mean rear shock I dont think for an all on race bike it will work very well. The first gen has a different rear suspention then the second gen and that shock will not be long enough or sprung properly. They will come out better buying elka ohins or something comparable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts