Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I changed my handlebars today, and when I put the brake assembly back on, lined it up to a comfortable position, tightened down the bolts and checked the pull on the brakes. I noticed that my brakes became VERY stiff and either off/on with little to no pull in them. (This was done walking around while on the bike for safety reasons, engine was not running) I turned the little disc with the number 1 thru 5 on it and it my brakes had their old 'give' back. So my question, what exactly does that little disc do? And is there a stock/factory setting for it to reference from?

Side note about the handlebar swap. My clutch lever assembly snapped in half and a new replacement got ordered. Since it's kind of on the same topic, is there a default threading i should turn the bolt to? The one that the clutch wire rides in that gets screwed to the assembly?

·
Registered
105 Posts
The "little disc" is used to adjust your brake/clutch lever position either closer in or farther out to the bar depending on your preference. It's all up to you. That's all they do.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
By "threading" do you mean torque? The bolts that secure the clutch "perch" to the handlebar should not be tightened especially hard. They are easy to snap, as are the bolts easy to break. Tighten it enough so that the lever doesn't rotate up and down. That's all. There's no risk of it falling off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By "threading" do you mean torque? The bolts that secure the clutch "perch" to the handlebar should not be tightened especially hard. They are easy to snap, as are the bolts easy to break. Tighten it enough so that the lever doesn't rotate up and down. That's all. There's no risk of it falling off.
I actually meant setting, but apparently my brain was on a coffee break. So go German spec'd then? "Gooduntight" Good to know. Now if only my parts will get here faster... want to ride to Miami this weekend soooooo bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts