Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Michigan with the recently repealed helmet law I think I now see a trend. Unless it is my imagination, people who don't wear helmets seem to be less likely to wave at me. Maybe there is some sort of freedom animosity going on here, I don't know. Have any other Michiganders noticed a difference?

I should say that I never initiate the wave, I only reply with a wave when i'm waved at, but it seems my waving activity has declined since the change. What say you?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Maybe you don't get waves because you don't initiate waves. Who cares either way. This has been covered 1 bazillion times.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You don't initiate the wave, yet you're put off by others not waving at you..?

(can't believe I just participated in a wave thread..)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There seems to be a lot of people here with learning disabilities. Im not put off by people not waving to me, I just wanted to know if other Michaganders noticed a difference after the law changed.

Yes, I should have put this thread in the regional forum that includes Michigan, but go back and read who this thread is addressed to. If it bothers you and you are not from Michigan, here is a simple tip: don't reply.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Anyone who rides without a helmet suffers from some sort of learning disability. Likewise for anyone who actually believes loud pipes save lives.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone who rides without a helmet suffers from some sort of learning disability. Likewise for anyone who actually believes loud pipes save lives.
I completely disagree. How can you learn anything while wearing a helmet. It impedes your hearing and vision and is a distraction altogether.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
I reckon ya doesn't need a helmet if yer pipes is loud enuff. :lmao:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Before I'm attacked....IM A GIRL! Lol. Ok, ok, and also born and raised in Michigan, Wyoming to he precise, and still have property "up north".

I've lived up and down both coasts and places in-between. Through the years, I've probably experienced several changing their helmet laws. Yeah, you'll see a difference in riders with a newfound freedom....but is it personal....no.

It's a freedom of choice. Just as it's your choice to not initiate a wave. When there's a change in law, you can only expect to see a change in ppl. Good, bad and indifferent.

Just my .02 :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm really sorry I started this thread, but here are my observations:

1. Before the law changed it seemed like I was waving to nearly every bike I passed.

2. After the law change, it seems like I am not waving to as many bikers as I was prior to the law change.

That is all.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts