Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Don't feel bad.

Once I had a cracked fuse that would reconnect every time I probed it with my test light or meter, and would disconnect as soon as I stopped probing it. So it seemed I had a good fuse but there was no power at the other end! I spent probably an hour testing the wiring to and from the component, and even tested the fuse box from the fuse terminal to the connector on the back. Scratching my head because I had power through the fuse but not out of the fuse box even though I should...

Then I either tried another fuse for giggles or I took a very close look at the one in question and I discovered it was cracked.

Now, the mystery of why you had a popped fuel fuse remains.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hopefully I don't have another underlying issue. It blew the main fuse a while back. Just gonna keep some spares in the tail section and keep an eye on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,597 Posts
Glad you found the problem!

As GC said, there is nothing to feel bad about.

On the contrary, you taught me something today. I did not know a blown Fuel Fuse could cause "CHEC". I thought only O/W could do that. If I had known I would have hammered the fuel fuse (which got no attention) as hard as O/W. : -)

One other thing discovered. I did a gauge bench test and found a difference between SV650 03-04 vs 05+ with regards to the Fuel fuse (R/W circuit).

03-04 gauge will show "CHEC" when the Fuel fuse is blown, the LCD still works.
05+ gauge shows nothing, the entire LCD goes blank.

This tidbit of info will be good for reference and help more quickly zero in on problems like this in the future.

Great thread. Without your feedback we would not have found this out, thanks! (y)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts