Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
22 nubs and two spaces? That's a gen2. The ignitor will not like that. No spark.

Do you still have the old flywheel? Even if the magnets are trashed, you can throw it back on and test for spark.
the magneto I have that is 99-02 the magnets literally fell out when I took it out of the bike lol. Any way I could attach the new magnets to the old flywheel?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Lol I didn’t realize there was a second page, and I scroll to the bottom and didn’t see my response, so I posted it again. Funny interacting with all you guys, I have been seeing your name on tons of posts for forever, and I follow him on YouTube. Cross your fingers that this is the final piece of the puzzle. I just finished welding in the new frame supports and testing the air ride, and I cannot wait to drive this thing lol
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Okay I put the gen1 magneto in, still no spark. With the key on if I stick the multimeter into the spark plug boot I’m showing 12v with key on. This doesn’t seem right to me? Also I double checked the security circuit, still showing ~ 5v
Hand Finger Automotive tire Electronic engineering Electrical wiring

... With the key on if I stick the multimeter into the spark plug boot I’m showing 12v with key on. This doesn’t seem right to me?
That is normal. 12v from the primary (+) coil terminal spade connector connects internally to the spark plug high tension wire through the secondary coil windings inside the coil.

Does it matter if the o/w wire connects to the front or rear lead of the coil?
There are two spade connectors on the coil (+) and (-). 12v must connect to the (+) terminal.

You should be seeing nothing from that boot. Until the unit fires and you get 50 KiloVolts for that split second! 😉

Just read Tee’s response. The SV must be different from most other bikes I’ve worked on, though I can’t remember if I tried measuring that particular circuit or not…

Discussion starter · #33 ·
That is normal. 12v from the primary (+) coil terminal spade connector connects internally to the spark plug high tension wire through the secondary coil windings inside the coil.

There are two spade connectors on the coil (+) and (-). 12v must connect to the (+) terminal.
which one is which? I see there are two different size connectors, but somebody has cut off the factory connectors and put on the same size so I don’t know which goes to which

... but somebody has cut off the factory connectors and put on the same size so I don’t know which goes to which
Man, whoever owned this bike before you was brutal. Along with all the other damage, someone should have called Motorcycle Protective Services on this guy.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Man, whoever owned this bike before you was brutal. Along with all the other damage, someone should have called Motorcycle Protective Services on this guy.
Lol so true. In the bikes defense, the previous owner was a crackhead and it had been stolen from him by someone who I assume was a bigger crack head 😂. No worries though, I’m going to get it sorted. Just wish it didn’t take me 65 labor hours to get this “running” bike running 😂😅🫠

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.