Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my bad/good news with you guys. Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride this year (was really hoping to get in some group rides and meet some of you too!). The great news is that my husband and I are going to have a baby! :)

So, for you parents out there (I know there are plenty), if there was anything that was just the neatest invention out there that you would recommend for new parents, I am open to suggestions! :) Please no rude comments (not that there should be any), this was planned and we tried for quite a while with no success, so it is a very exciting time in our lives. I am a little over 3 months right now. Thanks all - Skister

·
Registered
447 Posts
I told my bf no babies til after riding season! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny because we "planned" to not be pregnant in riding season either. But, soon discovered that it is not exactly something that happens when you say so. :) We are just happy that it finally did happen. :) - Skister

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
First off, congrats! We tried for 8 years before Artie was born. It was very exciting and it is rewarding, but frustrating to no end as well. Best thing I think that was ever invented for parents was the teen aged daughter of close friends (aka the babysitter) It's very important to get a break once in a while and remember why the two of you married each other in the first place. Watch out for grandparents, they sugar the kid up, let them run amok and then return them with an evil gleam in their eyes. Babysitters want their money, value tips and repeat business. They'll usually adhere to your rules concerning chocolate, soda and bedtimes. Unless they eat the chocolate themselves.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
First off, congrats! We tried for 8 years before Artie was born. It was very exciting and it is rewarding, but frustrating to no end as well. Best thing I think that was ever invented for parents was the teen aged daughter of close friends (aka the babysitter) It's very important to get a break once in a while and remember why the two of you married each other in the first place. Watch out for grandparents, they sugar the kid up, let them run amok and then return them with an evil gleam in their eyes. Babysitters want their money, value tips and repeat business. They'll usually adhere to your rules concerning chocolate, soda and bedtimes. Unless they eat the chocolate themselves.
good advice,life is going to change in wonderful and not so wonderful ways,one is much easier than 2 trust me

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrats! That's wonderful news for you two.

Don't be surprised if you temporarily lose the interest to ride for a while. It will probably return after too long and you feel like its ok to do something for yourself again.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Congrats!! Isn't there some rule like you can ride up until the third trimester or something?

Hmmm.... wait that's not it...

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Congrats - forget riding......"Nesting" will take over. Kidding. I love the baby monitor cameras. Our daughter is now 5 and it's still fun to watch her when she thinks nobody is......funny stuff!

YOUR LIFE IS OVER!!!

again, kidding........Kids rock!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Congrats!! My son is 20 Months, we bought a baby monitor, but took it back because we could deff hear him cry, LOL. We got a food mill and took it with us everywhere, I think we bought 2 cans of baby food. Just ground up what we were eating, and I would get broccoli, and sweet potatoes, boil them, and grind them up and put in small containers in the fridge. we also used a cosleeper on top of a dresser for changing (always holding on with one hand). Hopefully you have friends that have clothes to pass along, Also we had a drawing at the baby shower, and to get tickets you had to bring diapers (we didn't buy any for 6 months), There were a bunch of other little things that we learned along the way I'll try to remember some.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats!! My wife and I tried for 3 years before our daughter came along. She is 4 now but I think the best things for us were the motion/sound baby monitor, not only does it detect sound but it will also detect when the baby stops breathing should he or she stop breathing. This machine gave us a great piece of mind at night. Also the Dr. Brown baby bottles are cool, they have a venting device within the bottle that help keep the burping gases out of the milk, still need to burp the baby but its not as bad as with a regular bottle. Also get a sound machine that places different sounds such as rain, waves, wildlife, etc., it will do wonders for helping the baby sleep and my daughter still uses it today. I know I sound like Mr. Mom but these were some of the greatest times of my life and you should cherish them as well.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Congrats! I'm very happy for you.

After 17 years we don't have kids (by choice) but my sister has 2 and my brother has 6. As an "outsider" spending A LOT of time with those kid I can say it's more important to be a parent than a friend. So many kids today are spoiled little brats because for some reason many parents care more about what their kids think of them than actually raising them to be respectful, responsible people. It's ok to say no and be stern but still love your kids :).

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I just wanted to share my bad/good news with you guys. Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride this year (was really hoping to get in some group rides and meet some of you too!). The great news is that my husband and I are going to have a baby! :)

So, for you parents out there (I know there are plenty), if there was anything that was just the neatest invention out there that you would recommend for new parents, I am open to suggestions! :) Please no rude comments (not that there should be any), this was planned and we tried for quite a while with no success, so it is a very exciting time in our lives. I am a little over 3 months right now. Thanks all - Skister
Congratulations. We too, tried for quite a while, with no luck. We ended up needing some medical assistance in order to reproduce. We also had the misfortune of enduring a miscarriage. However, we currently have a two year old girl, and a seven year old Border Collie.

This looks crazy, but it's a fracking wonderful, if you have a newborn. Battery operated nose sucker. Get one.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts