Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be a target for bad behavior from others when riding the SV. At stoplights I get other "bikers" riding up to the front next to me and crowding me out, taking my lane when the light changes, etc. This never seems to happen when I'm on the Gixxer, CBR, or Mille. I can only conclude that because the SV lacks a fat ass like the Gixxer (which is hard to get around), the crazy rat bike persona of the CBR (go ahead, make my day), or the exotic look of the Mille, (don't touch or you'll be paying the rest of your life), that I'm never gonna get respect. Today I asked the guy who crowded me at the stoplight, "So, are you gonna go first or am I?" "Uh, yeah, I'll go first." was his dumbass reply. Does he think I'm psychic? Does he think I know what he's gonna do? I mean, really. Is it just me, or has motorcycle etiquette and good manners completely gone the way of disco and cabbage patch dolls?

·
Chief Greeter
28,482 Posts
That hasn't happened to me but I will usually race the guy at the green light which is something I need to stop doing. I don't need a ticket right now. :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
Who cares, ride and have fun, if some douch bag wants to be a squid, fu*k em. Or show them up in the twisties!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
That hasn't happened to me but I will usually race the guy at the green light which is something I need to stop doing. I don't need a ticket right now. :p
:happy1:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I used to get that all the time, still do when I'm not around here, I've pretty much schooled all those gixxercbrninjaomgshineyswingarm havers around here. I usually just look them over, then at the ground, and shake my head.....when the green comes I pin it till I get up to the speed limit and let off, or if there are curves available I pounce them for a few curves and let them go on ahead.

I've yet to have an I4 best me to 60mph, or through twisties that I'm familiar with because for the most part those guys use their bikes as a ***** extension instead of the weapon it was designed to be.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've had only one guy do that to me... He was on a big bobber Harley that was loud as hell. With the skull mask, huge tatted arms and spikes sticking out everywhere... I figured he was a dick even before he crowded me at the light then rumbled in front of me when the light turned green. For the most part, peeps are pretty cool in Seattle other than Mr. Death on Wheels.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
who the **** asks somebody else at a light "so do you go first or I":lmao:
why would someone put others in that situation? it's understandable if you are riding in a group and come to a light. but when a random rider does so to yourself, how are you supposed to know what they are doing.

a smart, knowledgeable rider, who actually cares about the situation would ask.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've never had a motorcycle crowd me at a light, but a few cars have. I'm in one of the side thirds, so they squeeze beside me in the other two thirds. My solution may work for you. I now use the middle third and leave a couple of feet in front of me in case I need to move to the side quickly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
sh*t son I just run red lights so I dont have to worry

·
Registered
429 Posts
Last spring a group of 5 @sshats on Harleys crowded me out at a light like I wasn't even there. I just let them go around me, they were going to anyway...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I wouldnt sweat it. Do you think about it when you split up the middle in a long line of cars at a red light? You are pretty much doing the same thing. Besides the fact that you cant really 'crowd' a car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts