Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the right rear peg on now simply to hold the exhaust on. What thin, yet sturdy pc of metal could I use? Got any pics? Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here's mine:

Got it from enduranceengineering.com

Shoot the guy an email to tell him whatcha want, send him 40 bucks via paypal and you'll have it in less than a week. Good stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just ordered one from enduranceengineering.com after reading this thread, but forgot to ask if it works with a M4 exhaust!! Does it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
M4 race mount or stock location? If race, then no, if stock then yes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just took some conduit that was laying around in the garage, cut it, pinched the ends in a vice, and painted it.

cost: MAYBE $2 and about 20 minutes, haha.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's cool! You forgot to say you drilled them. :) I wonder if I could get away with just the rear one? Might have to try that idea.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Done.
Picked up a 10" pc of 1/8" flat iron from a metal shop. Eyeballed it and cut an angle on top and bottom, bent it in the vice on the top and bottom, drilled 2 holes, spray painted. It's solid and looks much better than having 1 peg hold it up and it opens the rear up to make my fighter look more lean.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pic

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts
From my screwy mutant SV build thread

...While I was at it I decided to make an exhaust hanger bracket, rather than use the passenger peg mount. Dug through my scrap metal pile and found some old mountain bike handlebars, a flat washer, some scrap flat stock and some half inch tubing:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is a different lookin bike man. I don't know that I like the look (from the 1 angle) but I do appreciate its uniqueness! I like that its different!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts