Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to the forum. Had my 08 650 naked since may of 08...........seen some youtube videos of SV's without cans. I like the sound but I i think it would perform like crap with no back pressure what so ever......what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Don't do it. Open pipes are annoying and sound like ass.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Dual RENE's....

or maybe a Holeshot, or M4, or.........;D

straight pipes are way too annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Survey says:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I'll be the one to follow that last picture up without fear of losing epeen size. :)

I had to have a machine shop chop my muffler for me because I had just moved and didn't have all of my tools with me (I was putting on a holeshot can). The ride home was like 10 blocks but, and flame away, I loved the sound. But there's no way I would've kept it like that...but the sound was brilliant. I could see it from a 3rd person perspective and it was just...confusing. The sound and the look didn't match AT ALL. It was still fun and made me smile. :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
yeah get a supertrapp....I got one on my bike and I like it how it looks....the sound is variable depending on the amount of discs you put on it...

·
Registered
424 Posts
No exh and you ride at night by someone home expect them to have the right to damage your bike lol... No muffler would just **** people off and you would wear ear plugs anyway so whats the point.. You do wear ear plugs right?????

·
Registered
997 Posts
Definetly stick with an aftermarket pipe... will sound a LOT better.

If you are really worried, see about getting something custom made to be a bit more free flowing and loud.

I want to say Hole Shot has different cores available but I am not sure...

Or the scorpion street extreme, I have heard thats a pretty loud pipe.

No muffler is loud but lacks the quality sound a race inspired pipe gives you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Straight pipes give you almost no audible engine feedback...it sounds the same way all the way through the RPM range so you have to eye the tac the whole time.
Plus, downshifting sucks. Trust me...there is no reason to run straight pipes.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Not unless you like burnt valves.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I absolutely loved the sound of my yosh slipon

1 - 20 of 89 Posts