Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I can't really help you as never ridden there but I run 14/45 on 2.4 tracks and shorter and my stock SV smokes !

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Not sure if it makes a difference but I have a Gsxr real wheel with 520 setup. I run 14 front and 46 back. It's plenty strong out of corners and i'm almost hitting the rev limiter at the end of the front straight when I get a good run out of the 11 and all the way down the front straight. I found that the when I still had the stock rear wheel with stock gearing that I was always bogging out of corners but then again the SV was still very new to me and I hadn't ridden a V-Twin before so I wasn't used to the powerband.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Not sure if it makes a difference but I have a Gsxr real wheel with 520 setup. I run 14 front and 46 back. It's plenty strong out of corners and i'm almost hitting the rev limiter at the end of the front straight when I get a good run out of the 11 and all the way down the front straight. I found that the when I still had the stock rear wheel with stock gearing that I was always bogging out of corners but then again the SV was still very new to me and I hadn't ridden a V-Twin before so I wasn't used to the powerband.
14-46....of course you have good drive out of corners.

You should be wide open through last corner, and with 14-46, should be maxed out coming out of that corner, not by the end of the straight. Has nothing to do with what rear wheel you are running.

run 15-44 or 45.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
15/45 seems to work best for me!
....the ft. straight is VERY long.

I'll be there again on the 16-17th. of Sept.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hmmm max out in 6th coming out of last corner??? Maybe i'm mistaken with front sprocket :headscratch: I know for sure the rear is a 46T. Now you got me thinking. I'm about to order a new set since my rear sprocket is showing some wear and figured I'd just swap it all out as a set so that I don't have to remember when was the last time I changed the front sprocket and or the chain.

Another project for this weekend. I'll be at NJMP on 9/22-23 and maybe 24th depending on $$$

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
15/45 seems to work best for me!
....the ft. straight is VERY long.

I'll be there again on the 16-17th. of Sept.
See you there. I'll have Boose in tow also. She is amped up to hit Thunderbolt.:vroom:

I went ahead and ordered a 44 and a 45 to mess around with.

I need to go back to 45T at NHMS anyways.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Hmmm max out in 6th coming out of last corner??? Maybe i'm mistaken with front sprocket :headscratch: I know for sure the rear is a 46T. Now you got me thinking. I'm about to order a new set since my rear sprocket is showing some wear and figured I'd just swap it all out as a set so that I don't have to remember when was the last time I changed the front sprocket and or the chain.

Another project for this weekend. I'll be at NJMP on 9/22-23 and maybe 24th depending on $$$

my guess is you are running 15 front.

stock gearing 15/45 works very well just about everywhere.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Adam, Lou, 15/45 works just fine at Thunderbolt. You guys will be fine.
You guys are gonna love it. We'll have to turn some laps together ;)
I'm expecting a very large smile.....

Lap turning will be a must.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Interesting, can you guys post those laps times?
I'm sure Lou will have a qstarz or seven lying around :p
Knowing those two, I'll bet I tow them down into the sub 1:40's by the end of the two day event. :naughty:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Knowing those two, I'll bet I tow them down into the sub 1:40's by the end of the two day event. :naughty:
:rock:
That's what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
301 Posts
:naughty: :rock: :worship:

We'll definitely have to run some laps!

Yeah, like OG said...I'll be running a timer and selling/renting them too, so I'll have plenty of times to report and can share some data for viewing in the free version of QRacing if anyone wants it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts