Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Fellas,

So I’m ready to host a maintenance day with the local NY/NJ SV Rider community. While this will be a great day to meet other riders and get work done on our bikes for the season, I’d also like to host a mini swap meet where everyone can buy and sell motorcycle stuff.

I am in the North Jersey area (near the Willowbrook Mall) and I can host on three dates in the next couple of weeks. Please use the doodle poll below to choose the date that best works for you. We will select the date when the majority of us are available.

http://www.doodle.com/c3nv89bn2ckcmtmw

When we finalize the date, I will PM all attendees with the address.
I am happy to open up the space to hang out, but here are a few guidelines for engagement:

1. Swap meet: I will have tables and tarps/blankets, where you each can have sections to display MC stuff you want to sell. I may also be selling a few items. You guys can handle the negotiation, as these are all private sales.
2. Maintenance: In this thread, please post up what maintenance/work you want to have done and we will try to put our heads together to accommodate you during the day. First come first serve. You have to bring all your own parts and fluids though (oil, chain lube, etc).
3. Tools: I have a good amount of tools: power (drill, sawzall, dremel), sockets, hand tools, one set of front and rear stands, hydraulic jack, jack stands, etc. You are welcome to use the tools you need if you just ask me so I know what’s out. Just be sure to put it back where you found it in the box/cabinets. You are welcome to bring other tools as needed. Post up what you’ll bring so no one doubles up.
4. You may bring whatever you want (tools, stuff to sell, parts for bike repairs, etc). However, be prepared to take it with you if you brought it. In other words, please don’t leave your junk behind.
5. You may leave some fluids (engine oil, brake fluids) for recycling in the drain pan I have. However, please use my tarp on the driveway if you plan to drain oil, bleed your brakes, or anything else that might potentially stain the ground. I just had the driveway repaved and the garage floor has fresh epoxy on it.
6. House: I have an infant that loves to crawl/walk around the floors in the house and taste everything he finds. For this reason, we try to keep the floors as clean as possible. if you need to use the bathroom, please be sure to remove your shoes before entering the house.
7. Grub: I will provide beverages and the grill will be going. I will have fresh corn from the farm and some meat (chicken or beef) to throw on there. We may be able to throw together a salad. I like to cook and the grub should be tasty. If you plan to eat lunch, a small donation ($5 or so) for food would be helpful. You are also welcome to bring food to share. Again, just post what you want to bring in this thread.
8. BYOB: I’m not much of a drinker outside of an occasional beer, but you guys are more than welcome to do so. Just keep it level and it’ll all be good.

The nearest moto shop is Pompton Honda/Suzuki on Route 23. They are open until 5pm on Saturday. If you need stuff, I would call ahead to make sure they have it.

That’s all! Please feel free to PM me if you have questions.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Awesome man... I put in for the 7th definitely available, and since it wasn't an option for "sort of available", but it looks like the majority of people are leaning towards the 30th, I would probably be in for half that day, which actually sort of works too since I have to go out that direction that afternoon anyway.

Thanks again for hosting!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys:

Looks like the majority of people can make it on Saturday, June 30th, so that will be the date.

Just please confirm in the thread if:

1. You're coming.
2. You'd like to eat lunch (so I can buy food in advance).
3. If you're interested in bringing stuff to sell/swap. I'm hoping for kind of a small garage sale with motorcycle related stuff.

Due to the heat wave, I may be willing to start a little sooner at 10am. Then again, I may just break down and buy an AC unit for the garage.

Oh, and here is a photo of the little man cave. Renovation almost complete! :) Photo could be better, but oh well:

See you all on June 30th! :vroom:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
In
In for lunch
Don't think I have anything to bring or a way to bring them if I ride there.

I'd like to adjust my chain and possibly swap tires depending if I ride a lot before then and if we have the proper equipment

·
Registered
608 Posts
In
Out for lunch (heading to a BBQ after this :) )
The only thing I really have that may be of interest to anyone is a rear stock fender, if anyone says they want it I will be more than happy to bring it, but wont bother if there is no interest, and a folding shifter for some sort of Kawi (forget which).

Probably just looking to do some minor things, spark plugs, chain tightening, and maybe a few other things that I could do with a screw driver and a wrench maybe, nothing crazy for me since I already got my shock swap and springs done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Guys:

Looks like the majority of people can make it on Saturday, June 30th, so that will be the date.

Just please confirm in the thread if:

1. You're coming.
2. You'd like to eat lunch (so I can buy food in advance).
3. If you're interested in bringing stuff to sell/swap. I'm hoping for kind of a small garage sale with motorcycle related stuff.

Due to the heat wave, I may be willing to start a little sooner at 10am. Then again, I may just break down and buy an AC unit for the garage.

Oh, and here is a photo of the little man cave. Renovation almost complete! :) Photo could be better, but oh well:

See you all on June 30th! :vroom:
You brave man, volunteering to host a bunch of bikers.

:icon_biggrin:

I almost want to show up if nothing else to meet and greet all other SV riders in the area. But FYI... June 30 is the Assen TT. Tough call...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I might have to take a trip down to VA with my girl but if not, I'm in.

1) Hopefully coming
2) if coming, then I'm in fo' lunch
3) have a few parts here and there that I could bring

Stuff I have to do:
- install galfer rear rotor
- lube chain

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. Looks like a smaller crowd next Saturday (6-8 people), so I can probably put some nicer food on the grill.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Since my bike is in the shop this w/e, I don't think I'll need anything done next or may not even have the bike back. :( But I may swing by for some food. I'll text you later next week and let you know.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1) coming
2) in for lunch and will bring some beer
3) not much to get rid of in the parts dept

I need to install a motion pro kit, and a penske shock if it comes in time

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey guys, I'm from NJ and quite new to motorcycles. The Sv650 I purchased wasn't maintained by the PO very much. The chain lube was no longer there, and it was quite rusty. My friend and his father helped me clean it and lube it, as well as give the bike an oil change and new oil filter. I purchased a new D.I.D 520 chain and front/rear sprockets. I wouldn't know how to do this by myself nor would I have the necessary tools to do so. I'm sure my friend and his father can help me do it, but I figured this might be a chance to meet some fellow Sv riders and learn a thing or two about repairs. If this is something you would be alright with helping me without hassling you too much, I would make my way there. As for trading or selling items, I wouldn't have anything to offer...

-matt

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Matt,

You're welcome to come, but I don't have a chain tool. Someone else here might have one to assist though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
In
Out for lunch (heading to a BBQ after this :) )
The only thing I really have that may be of interest to anyone is a rear stock fender, if anyone says they want it I will be more than happy to bring it, but wont bother if there is no interest, and a folding shifter for some sort of Kawi (forget which).

Probably just looking to do some minor things, spark plugs, chain tightening, and maybe a few other things that I could do with a screw driver and a wrench maybe, nothing crazy for me since I already got my shock swap and springs done.
So hopefully it's not to late for this, but amending my previous statement, I will be in for lunch, just found out they are not going to be doing food at the BBQ I am hitting afterwards until the evening time.

Also, would I be able to reserve an extension cord/outlet for a short period of time, I need to do a bit of soldering, and if anyone else needs it, I will have my solderer with me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts