Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of the nh/me svriders thinking group ride yet? weather is getting nicer slowly but surely. i'm plugging away on my spring maintenance but will be ready to go in the next couple/few weeks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is my last weekend coaching ski racing. Race's at Wildcat Sat. and Loon on Sun.... if the weathers good I'm taking the bike one of those days. Skis go in gun scabbard, boots in the pack...yahoo

After that I'm thinking of a day loop around here checking winter road damage, maybe 200 miles.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, are you going to get to steal your buddies ducati again? ;D

·
Registered
252 Posts
He's trying to sell it and R1 to me....not enough cash on hand...but maybe. I'm out and about on my 05 yellow naked. Just saw someone on a yellow 1st Gen go by on way home from work I think he lives in town and works at a shop down south towards Salem. Stay in touch maybe we can get a few more to go exploring. I have some roads I want to checkout.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Guys, I've been out a few times already in N MA right on the NH boarder. I wouldn't mind doing some miles, still in snowmobile mode LOL. Just post when and where. Thanks

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's trying to sell it and R1 to me....not enough cash on hand...but maybe. I'm out and about on my 05 yellow naked. Just saw someone on a yellow 1st Gen go by on way home from work I think he lives in town and works at a shop down south towards Salem. Stay in touch maybe we can get a few more to go exploring. I have some roads I want to checkout.
if i can remember everyone's screen names i may try to send out some pm's to people once it looks like we are a bit more into the warm(er) weather. usually bela pops up in here once things warm up and he has a knack for putting together good group rides.

Hey Guys, I've been out a few times already in N MA right on the NH boarder. I wouldn't mind doing some miles, still in snowmobile mode LOL. Just post when and where. Thanks
yep, still a bit early, have to wait for some of the regulars to wake up from hibernation. we have had people posse up from mass so if we put together a good ride you might have some more folks to ride up with. i'll try to remember to bump this thread on occasion but as i mentioned... keep your eyes open for posts from bela as he ends up being the one to put these together usually.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Doing the R6 throttle mod tomorrow night and changing fluids, brake levers, and a fresh tank of fuel. After this weekend I'm out and about as many nights a week as I can checking road conditions. I'm going to put a ride together from my farm in Henniker though south and central NH into VT towards 100(only briefly) then back to the farm. Maybe 200 miles a little bit of every thing, good for all riders(some rough roads to get to the good stuff). I'm doing sectionals working on the exact route starting next week. If anyone wants to tag along let me know what days work for you.

Always room in the barn for bikes and sleeping bags. Bring bathing suit or what ever cause if it's warm, swimming in the river behind farm or a secret spot on the ride can always be arranged. Note: NO SMOKING Cig's & Gar's ANYWHERE. But we like good beer and other stuff......

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, that's a great offer! maybe i'll get a chance to take advantage. doing some pike fishing this weekend so the bike is taking the back burner to the canoe, but she'll get plenty of attention later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! When I first read your posts I thought they were from last year, more towards June; I forget how much of a weather difference there is up here in the "Down East" area of Maine. We are still restricted to only main roads, frost heaves and heavy sand on anything twisty and fun, meh.

Anyway, this is my first post on this 4M, so hi and junk too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Let us know when your ready to ride. Got home to late tonight to go for a spin. Day light only for a few more weeks until the roads get better..way to much sand to ride at night.. Snowed a little at Loon MT today, glad I was in the truck.

·
Registered
597 Posts
...usually bela pops up in here once things warm up and he has a knack for putting together good group rides.
we usually don't hear from Bela until the snowmobile trails up North are muddy ;D

my screen name's encoded by the way, will have to send you the cipher :nana:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
who the heck is this brady character?!?!?!

;)

sunday is looking pretty nice. i might be tempted by an easter ride. hopefully i'm going to find myself a bike shop and pick up a new set of front turn signals on saturday. seems the falling icicles took their toll this past winter. i'm lucky i didn't end up with any (new) tank dents.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Off to work let me know what way your headed in may be we could meet up...family stuff in the afternoon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I live in the Conway/Fryeburg area now and am up for a ride any time. Shoot me a PM if something comes together.

WhiteMtnCruiser

·
Registered
252 Posts
Checked out some of the S. central roads yesterday some still bumpy but very ridable. Started at the farm College Hill/River road Henniker to 114 S to BR(back road) by Horace lake to 149 to BR to 47 to 31 to 136 to 137 to123 to 31n to BR Goshen /Brook great twisties but needs another week to settle so it's a little safer at speed, to 103 to 114 to home. Not a bad route but will need to see how to avoid some of the radar zones. I have another S central route I'm going to check out some afternoon this week if I get some good weather.

If anyone has a good route headed from Andover, New Loundon towards Plymouth let me know as I'm trying to connect the dots in that direction.

Anybody in the Keene area? There are good loops headed towards Walpole - Hancock etc.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fishing bug took over again on easter... hard to split the time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The boys were home from school for Easter and they all went fishing....Ian took the SECA back to St. Mikes's soooo.... yesterday he asked if I'll ride part way back with him so off we went took 114 north to 103 some back roads (Brook road to Goshen) to 10 to 103 to Vt 131 to VT 103 to VT 100 left him near killington and took my back roads home about 180 miles. Got home just before dark. We need to get some rides going over that way. Great roads no officers.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
one sniff of two-cylinder exhaust always cures me of that fishing bug
i've done my best to mix the two... i have a 7 peice fly rod that breaks down to about 16" and fits nicely in my motorbike backpack. i have had a few good bike to fishing and back type trips. flyfisherman are just about as wacky as motorcyclists when it comes to passion for the sport, unfortunately i'm twice bitten.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts