Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I knew it was only a matter of time until someone brings up Ducati. I bought the SuperSport 950 this summer and having tons of fun with it. The first two weeks I just couldn’t stop grinning. Still riding it now in near and below freezing temps; fairing survived a drop after a slow speed crush with a Benz pulling illegal u-turn. Gosh, whole bike is rideable, picked it up, bent the shifter back and kept riding on. Insurance practically totaled it and I got a free bike ( well almost minus fees and taxes ). Small invisible crack in fairing and few metal bits. 4000 miles, not a single issue.

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts
And how many of us remember the grins we had riding the Trail 90's around the farm and neighborhoods? Or the high-pipe 125 enduro that your older neighbor had, who'd let you ride it around to show off to the girls?
I remember! My two best friends each had Honda Trail 70s. I had a Yamaha 100. I took my first "girlfriend" for a ride down a NJ forest fire trail. We were 13, I was in love, so yeah, it was kinda awkward, lol.

Reactions: Maximo

·
Registered
355 Posts
Buy what makes you happy.
Absolutely! I've owned every mainstream marque apart from Moto Guzzi and Triumph, spread over 19 motorcycles and 36 years including two trouble-free Ducati's haha. I've never understood riders who get polarized on one marque. They all make good and perhaps not so good models within their range of product. The trick is to pick out the top models from whatever manufacturer it may be and buy those ones.
Regarding manufacturer bashing: They all produce the odd lemon model from time to time or maybe an owner unfortunately gets one of those friday afternoon bikes that just gives on going grief. It happens, no need to run a smear campaign over it lol.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts