Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Have you considered the Aprilia RS660? I have the Tuono version with the handle bar but if you prefer the sporty riding position then the RS could be good for you. It has substantially more power than the SV but it's not a crazed 200HP monster and I can confirm that all the rave reviews about the handling are correct. The wheelbase is only 1370mm, so it turns in on a dime and it's 15kg lighter than the SV.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Were I to replace my SV, I'd most probably turn either to Kawasaki Z900 SE, or to Yamaha XSR 900 (2022 m.y.).
They both have all what you could possibly want from a bike, in terms of engine, mechanics and electronics, plus they look gorgeous.
Only drawback (from my point of view), except for a quite steep price, is the engine size: I tend to lean toward mid-weight (650/700 cc) with a power displacement arount 90 HP, due to the kind of use I do with the bike (twisties, mountain roads, commuting in the summertime, a bit of sightseeing with my wife as pilion rider).
Aprilia 660! You wouldn't be disappointed. ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Buy what makes you happy.
Absolutely! I've owned every mainstream marque apart from Moto Guzzi and Triumph, spread over 19 motorcycles and 36 years including two trouble-free Ducati's haha. I've never understood riders who get polarized on one marque. They all make good and perhaps not so good models within their range of product. The trick is to pick out the top models from whatever manufacturer it may be and buy those ones.
Regarding manufacturer bashing: They all produce the odd lemon model from time to time or maybe an owner unfortunately gets one of those friday afternoon bikes that just gives on going grief. It happens, no need to run a smear campaign over it lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts