Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal with the r6 throttle??? What does it do. AND I am thinking of buying the chain/sprocket conversion off e-bay which is SUPPOSE to make my 99 650 faster in the quarter than an 05 gixer 650. Is this true

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It'll definitely be faster than an '05 GSXR 650, by about 12.5 sec in the quarter. However, the '05 GSXR 600 will still eat it for lunch.

The R6 throttle tube is (IIRC!) 1/5 turn to full open, while the stocker is 1/4. It's quicker but as svfool said it can make the bike a little too sensitive to throttle inputs. The good news is that it's cheap (~$7), quick (30 min) and reversible. It's adrop in on the 1 G bikes, although you'll need to monkey with the carb end of the throttle cables to get it to operate properly.

:)

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Again with the performance aspect? You can gear the bike to a higher ratio for drag racing. It will improve acceleration at the cost of running higher RPMs all the time. You may approache GSXR 600 performance in the 1/4 mile, but that level of gearing will be misery on the street.

Why did you buy an Sv to begin with? It is not a repli-racer. It is, however, the most fun motorcycle I have ridden in 42 years of riding. If you are riding on the street concentrate on your skills, particularly your survival skills. I am concerned that your emphasis on performance is a sign you will not be with us for long.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dam
hes gonna get 30 hp out of chain and sprockets
holy shit where are they sold.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry bout the gixxer 650 it was six in the morning and I was tired. And a stock sv will run a 13 flat all day and the best my buddy ran with his is 12.6. The ad said that it would drop the 1/4 mile time about 2 seconds which would put it right where a gixxer 600 is. And the reason i bought the sv is cuz I love it and I got a really good deal on it.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just kiddin' ya about the GSXR 650- I'm sure we all knew what you really meant!

;)

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
andyauger said:
Again with the performance aspect?  You can gear the bike to a higher ratio for drag racing.  It will improve acceleration at the cost of running higher RPMs all the time.  You may approache GSXR 600 performance in the 1/4 mile, but that level of gearing will be misery on the street.

Why did you buy an Sv to begin with?  It is not a repli-racer.  It is, however, the most fun motorcycle I have ridden in 42 years of riding.  If you are riding on the street concentrate on your skills, particularly your survival skills.  I am concerned that your emphasis on performance is a sign you will not be with us for long.
We should all listen to this!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts