Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been a lurker on here for a while now. Looking to get into riding and research has steered me to a 1st gen SV650 as my bike of choice. Nothing else seems to really match up with what I'm after.

I hope to find one this fall or over the winter that will fit my criteria.

This is a good site w/ great info. I hope to become a contributing member once I get myself an SV.

Thanks - Jon

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
There are plenty of 1st gen's around, you just have to be willing to travel a little bit.
Best of luck with the search!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a great one in des moines right now, but I can't pull the trigger just yet. need to wait until sept to start shopping to buy.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you want to ride in the cold, Fuel Injection is a big plus. But maybe you won't have to do hills on a cold bike in Nebraska.
Barry

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I never had any cold issues with my carbed 1st gen and I've ridden in 30 degree weather. Granted it took a little longer to warm up, but once warm it ran like a champ. I think the biggest choice in 1st gen vs 2nd gen is your personal taste in style.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not looking to ride a lot in the fall/winter... that is just the best time to buy.

Still looking... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.