Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry....thought it would resize...

I see you have a T509 Daytona. I have 2000 955i Speed Triple...only had the bike for two months but I'm ready to sell it. Its too much bike for me to handle, was my first bike.

When I first rode the SV650 I'm picking up tomorrow, I was pretty surprised by how different the two bike felt.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Sorry....thought it would resize...

I see you have a T509 Daytona. I have 2000 955i Speed Triple...only had the bike for two months but I'm ready to sell it. Its too much bike for me to handle, was my first bike.

When I first rode the SV650 I'm picking up tomorrow, I was pretty surprised by how different the two bike felt.
My bike is actually a T595(955 Daytona), like yours but with fairings, '98. Yeah, the Speed would be a bit much for a first bike unless you are tall, the wgt is the factor more than the power. I had my Sv for nine yrs and then bought the Triumph from the orig. owner. It took a while for me to get to speed in the twisties on the 955 vs the SV. Top heavy and a bit twitchy at the same time. Needs more steering input than the SV. You can learn on anything, but they do require more attention.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RMAN, I agree. Riding the speedy and the sv back-to-back I can definitely tell that its much more difficult to lean the speedy in low-speed turns.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm not sure if I want to go bar-end yet. I had them on the speedy, but I didn't like how far out they stuck. I really like the mirrors in this ad:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/3157498649.html
more photos in link

I'm not sure if anyone knows where or what they are, but if you do, let me know!

·
Registered
337 Posts
as for them sticking out...these have enough rise in the bar section that you can rotate the mirror up over your hands, so they dont stick out at all
(well maybe an inch)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts