Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm brand new to riding, decided to go with an 05 sv650s and am loving it, have had it for about a month and a half:) Today after I rode home from running some errands, after i turned the bike off, I heard the radiator fan making a strong whirring noise and the bike was harder to get into the friction zone when pulling into my garage, if anybody knows what this could be related to I would appreciate some info, as this is the first time this has happened to me, thanks guys

·
Registered
246 Posts
Your bike is sploded and you are doomed.

But the radiator does that when the bike is hot. That's normal. I have no idea what you mean by "Friction zone". You probably mean the area that the clutch engages, in which case it might be some sort of clutch problem. Or your imagination :D

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
self destruct mode activated.....10.....9.....8.....7.....6.....5

·
Registered
862 Posts

I say the fan kicked on cause the motor was hot. I would assume your clutch isnt fried, so engaging the friction zone; well that's you, not the bike.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey guys I'm brand new to riding, decided to go with an 05 sv650s and am loving it, have had it for about a month and a half:) Today after I rode home from running some errands, after i turned the bike off, I heard the radiator fan making a strong whirring noise and the bike was harder to get into the friction zone when pulling into my garage, if anybody knows what this could be related to I would appreciate some info, as this is the first time this has happened to me, thanks guys
I wouldn't worry bout the noise you heard from the radiator fan...the engine was probably just hot and the fan was on. You sure the clutch was harder to engage? Remember to keep feathering that clutch to find the "friction zone".

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Agreed with others..

Fan = hot
Clutch (friction zone) = Newbie rider error.

It took me a while to get used to the "friction zone" (BTW u old riders :p thats what they call it in the MSF class for the "sweet spot" in the clutch where the clutch engages or disengages) even after a month of riding to and from work I still had some issues not as many but a little here and there.
It happens. Just like when you were learning to drive...you SUCKED @ ______ but now you dont even notice it or you are much better at it. Skills in all that is riding develops overtime and sometimes so quickly you dont even notice it. It really is amazing how quickly we adapt to our bikes when we do it right (and not squiddin out).

Welcome to SVR & I hope the lot here have helped ya & the heckling didnt offend ya :) the guys like to have fun but they mean well :p

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Friction Zone? Maybe your clutch, along with the rest of the engine had gotten just hot enough to allow a little more slippage than you are used to?

Dunno. How hot was it where you were?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts