Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Suzuki SV650s people,

Not long had my 2006 SV650s and want to replace the factory exhaust with a new one. Don’t want to piss the neighbours off (too much) but want to get the most out of that v-twin sound. Any recommendations?
Plus, I’ve seen you have to cut the pipe to fit a new can and really don’t fancy that do suspect a full system but keen to know opinions (like is it that hard to fit a slip on?)
Clearly I have no clue and lean on you good people for help!

·
Super Moderator
6,844 Posts
There are a few threads here about exhaust systems that may help you decide, but many full systems are going to be loud.

I've had an inexpensive Delkevic stainless slip-on on my '06 since almost new, and it has been very good. Pretty quiet with the baffle in, a bit too loud for me with it out - so I modified it to get it somewhere in between. Still pretty quiet when just tooling around moderately.

Cutting the pipe isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a few threads here about exhaust systems that may help you decide, but many full systems are going to be loud.

I've had an inexpensive Delkevic stainless slip-on on my '06 since almost new, and it has been very good. Pretty quiet with the baffle in, a bit too loud for me with it out - so I modified it to get it somewhere in between. Still pretty quiet when just tooling around moderately.

Cutting the pipe isn't a big deal.
Thank you Sir!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts