Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am a new rider from Wisconsin. My boyfriend has an 07 GSXR600 and I got bored riding one up with him so I bought an 07 SV650 for my first bike. I took the riding course at the community college and thought it was a great program. I am trying to get in as much riding time before August when we are going to do the tail of the dragon in TN/NC. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I am nervous about all the curves. I have been riding to work and back for a few weeks and am starting to get a feel for the bike and I already love it. Can't wait to learn more about my bike!

Kimmy

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Welcome, lots of Wisconsin riders here. Search "Wisconsin riders pos up" in the search function and introduce yourself!

As far as the dragon: be careful, don't push yourself. If someone expects you to keep up with them, then theyre not worth keeping up with. Ride smart

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Tip 1: Go HERE to the Wisconsin thread and say Hi. There are a bunch of people in that area and many very good riders. Infact, 10 of us just got together for some riding today. :D Check in at that thread and get in on some of the riding. The more riding you do, the better you will get.

If you are nervous about corners I HIGHLY suggest "Twist of the Wrist II" THE BOOK or THE DVD. The book goes FAR more indepth, but can be a little technical for some people, the DVD is a good watch and hits the important parts... as long as you pay attention.

Corners are funny, the more you do right, the slower they feel. Feel free to ask for more tips when you introduce yourself in the Wisconsin thread.

·
Registered
509 Posts
We're only the most active cause there isn't snow on the roads!! We have to make the best of when the roads are clear!! :D

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Learn the bike as much as you can. Don't worry about the dragon, I just got back from my 6th year of heading down there. It's 318 curves in a row, at the posted speed limit of 30mph, you really have to screw up to screw up. On an SV, you should have absolutely no problems with that kind of ground clearance.

I started on an SV650, it's a great bike and very hard to outgrow.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow!

I didn't realize there were so many in Wisconsin. I have a buddy in Beaver Dam with a 1000 and we did the Ketel Marine run in Fond du Lac on Sunday with about 40 other bikes. Great ride but I didn't care for being in a group that big. I will definately check out the Wisconsin page!

Thanks,
Kimmy

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Welcome Kimmy! Hope to see you over on the WI thread and at some of our rides! We have a pretty awesome group here! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts