Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an '01 sv650s, my first real bike after a long search for the perfect one.  Just took it for inspection where it failed b/c the turn signals suck.  I found a set of oem signals on ebay I've considered getting to put on.   Just by the looks of it I'm not sure how it will get mounted.  At any rate, I've looked at manuals and did some reseach on the internet without much info.  In the meantime I came across this site.
Any general advice or recommendation on where to begin as far as getting parts, installing them, getting questions answered for now and in the future?   I trust this will be my new hobby for years to come but right now I'm really green.
Thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What do you mean by "stuck"?
Is it just one or both on a side? All 4?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bster13 said:
he said suck, not stuck. Do u have a service manual for the bike? That should be something u'll want anyway and it'll show u how the stock signals are mounted up.
:eek: LOL! Yeah he sure did!.... I didnt get my coffee this morning  :p

Well in that case... just take it somewhere else to get it inspected. Around here if it has them on there they pass it, unless you got some by-the-book clown. If you think the stockers suck... how bright do you think the ones on my bike are?  ;D

OEM signals mount with a stud through the bike and a nut on the back side... you have to be able to get to the back side of them to get that nut loose and get em off.

There are also tons of aftermarket signals you can get if you wanted to get a different look in the process.

Hope that helps  :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
www.ronayers.com is the best source I've found for brand new parts. I buy my used stuff off of ebay. ronayers.com has an online parts microfiche, and I would buy myslef a Clymer manual for the SV. I'm sure there is a procedure for turn signal installation in there somewhere, and it's good to have the manual anyway.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The rears do. I think the fronts do as well but, I can't remeber for sure.

Where are you? I have some stock SVS signals somewhere, if you're in the area we can meet up and put them on your bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts