Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short my brother and dad have been riding for years. the only thing my wife would let me get is a Honda Metropolitan. well, we're separated now. what better to do than to start riding? :D SILVER LINING!!! (too personal?)

my dad rides a W650 and my brother a Buell XB9.. brother started on an SV650N. they are both really excited that i'm going to get my motorcycle license; as am i.

so the search is on to find one. :D i'll be hanging around learning up whatever i can. i'm not a "newb" to forums, just this one. and to motorcycles in general. i'll be spending plenty of time reading.. and searching.. and reading..

fyi, for any miata people that are on here, i'm on clubroadster, mazdaroadster, and miata.net as NAautoxer.. cause i know there are a lot of you here. SV's and miatas seem to go together well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hahaha... the SV I bought a few weeks ago and the license course I'm taking next week... a product of Finally getting divorced. hooray! Welcome to the forum! Folks here are great.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice!

well, picked up an 03 SV650 Naked in silver with 13000 miles from an original owner. a few tasteful mods. gel seat, heated grips, sliders, rear fender delete. she was a 60 something year old lady. very nice person. got a great deal! pics soon.

now, the painful wait!!! i take the MSF at the end of the month. on the 23rd, i'm going with my brother and dad to pick out proper gloves, helmet, and jacket. my dad is giving me his old alpinestars pants and a nice set of boots. can't wait to ride! but i want to ride properly and safely.. that would be the most important part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts