Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics with the new shock. After doing some more adjusting and getting used to the stiffer rear end, this shock is amazing! I cant even imagine what a 1000.00 custom shock would feel like.

Thanks to this thread, http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=80387 for the install directions!

Anyone thinking of doing this mod, I highly suggest it! Install was pretty simple, only mod was taking off the battery cover thingy. Got the shock off Ebay for 60.00 plus 12.00 for shipping.

Cant wait till I get springs and emulators in the front forks! Going to be amazing!

·
Registered
551 Posts
that's a pretty sharp looking bike :p

mind if i ask how much you weigh? it seems like the ZX10R is the best shock, but i'm worried i'm too light for it to be optimal... i'm probably 175 in gear

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Nice! You can't beat looking good and handling good.

My ZX14 shock is on the way. I'm 6'2" and weigh 230 without gear, so I figure the higher spring rate of the ZX14 shock would be about right for me. Sonic fork springs (.95) and 20 weight oil are going in this weekend. I'm excited about getting the suspension dialed in.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Looks like you have too much pre-load dialed in on that shock. Also, did it raise the bike up in the rear? It looks a little longer than the OEM SV shock. You might have to get a lowering kit to get your bike back down to stock settings.

I found that the ZX14 shock fit better as it is almost exactly the same length as the OEM shock.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the pre-load might be a tad off. I am waiting to get the springs and emulators in for the proper set up. As of right now the shock feels great. I think I got it dialed in pretty close. Yes it is longer, but i got used to the quicker turn in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only the battery cover, piece of cake. Did not have to cut the battery box, or relocate the tool kit! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts