Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

New Yamaha VMax

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  SVBoricua07 
#1 ·
It's not SV related but I just had to share my buddy's incredible frustration 'cuz I feel his pain.

He's been on the waiting list for a newly re-introduced 2009 VMax for about 8 months. A MONSTER of a machine. The dealer brought in a bunch of carbon fiber bits for the bike just for his special build.

The bike came in yesterday and all the upgrades and prep work were done and it was readied for delivery. Today, the mechanic took it out for a "test ride" and stacks it up into a wall behind the dealership!

The front end is now pushed into the engine, mechanic has a fractured skull and possibly a broken neck.

If he survives, he'll be killed later.

#5 · (Edited)
Wow that's rough!

There was a guy at a local Harley shop who purchased a new Road King last year. The salesman was like dude want me to load it on the trailer the guy who bought it was like no I got it. The guy ends up giving it to much gas and slamming his head into the side of the trailer and he died on the spot. His 20 yr old son witnessed the whole thing.

Here's the article!

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/NEWS/80404007

You don't always have to be on the open road accidents can happen anywhere...

#7 ·
Oh yeah...the dealer's scrambling looking for a bike for him but they're near impossible to get. They just released them and they're all spoken for. He's hoping some poor guy gets hit by the economy and doesn't come to pick up his preordered bike!

#13 ·
Sucks about the bike but come on guys, a man who was not wearing protective gear of any kind was nearly killed.
The bike will be replaced.
Fixed.

After a friend of mine wrecked a Goldwing after doing a test ride around the block, and messed himself up pretty good, I always throw on gear for a test ride. Always.

Prepare for the "what if".

#16 ·
My question is: How do you crash a bike in to a wall if you're "just test riding it"? I think that probably his train of thought went a little like this:"Wow the new Vmax, I'd normally have to pay for a thrill like that(understadable), and gave it a little too much goose. Yeah he got hurt but we've all accepted the fact that we can be horribly injured and possibly die from doing what we love, however its a different matter when you're playing with someone else's powerful, brand new bike IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.