Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this ugly beast for $1700 STREET LEGAL!!!

It's ugly as sin right now, I know, but with actually not too many bucks after selling lightbar from this, and radiator, plus many many sv parts, it will look something like this over the winter! :rock:

After riding this for a quick ride around the neighborhood, I love this more than my Sv! (sorry guys) Pucker factor while riding is a 12/10. SO MUCH POWAHHH!!!:drooling_bouncy_smi
Build thread to follow :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! Here, some big ass lights,

·
Registered
364 Posts
OOOH!...most intriguing. ive been lusting after the idea of a tard for a while. Hope i can afford to do one soon as well. Cant beat the XRs!

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
^^ Mad8vskilz, you're pinning the WrongMeter!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahahah that's a great pic haha, but I bought it for a project for my High School auto class, I'm already the only kid with one bike at my high school, might as well make it two!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Setup for tear down

What a mess of wiring on such a simple bike!!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Naked!

Cleaned up the motor, innards were good!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slowly assembling with what little parts I have!

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
If you are going through that much trouble you will want to re-valve those forks and re-spring that shock. I would also change the fork seals while you are in the front. Looks great so far.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I'd leave the Giant dual lights on. The stock XR headlight sucks offroad at night. Just fab a cage to protect them.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Or just use one. Or you could get a Trail Tech X2 HID and look 1 bazillion times better than that two light monstrosity.

The light on my 'tard sucks (less output than the BRP), but I can still see at night with it. I navigated southern Ohio forests just fine with it at road speeds.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I always liked the giant dual bug eye look on a dual sport Wacky. Especially with a gnarly cage around it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha until I can afford the supermoto setup for the wheels that costs around a grand, I'll be dual sporting it. :) But here is an update, getting so close!

·
very big dumb
8,892 Posts
anything cheap you can score for 17" front? my crf100 for example, i was able to snag a crf80 wheel that dropped right inl so the front and rear are the same size (16" though)
for my kx, i may get a spoke kit from buchanans and a rim and relace

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You just sparked an Idea, maybe I could use an 18 inch rear wheel and put 120 series tire on it. Maybe...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts