2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have black wheels:

what do you think about the silver body, black frame and yellow wheels:

any other suggestions? post up a pic of what you're thinking

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i dunno what color would look good but probally any other color but yellow. please don't do it.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
thats an 05 thats been painted correct?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
meh. only thing better than the 05 is the sub-frame.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
stranger said:
and the black rearsets and forks.  ;D
yah but any one can do that

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Leave it with the black rims and leave the fairing black as well. Looks good and original..... maybe polished rims.... unfortunately, my photochop skills are nill.

The only way it'll look good with yelow rims is if you changed it up to a naked and added a few other yellow things. I doubt very much you would go that route. so leave it be.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
enrico vespa said:
Leave it with the black rims and leave the fairing black as well. Looks good and original..... maybe polished rims.... unfortunately, my photochop skills are nill.

The only way it'll look good with yelow rims is if you changed it up to a naked and added a few other yellow things. I doubt very much you would go that route. so leave it be.
thanks. polishing ain't happening and you're right - neither is the naked route. so i'll probably stick with the black for now

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Until you suggested those yellow wheels I was quite impressed with your taste ;) But really, no, you will not do it. If I were you, I'd go silver, but get a black mudguard. And do something to tie the front to the back better- maybe paint the tail fairing blak from the "fold" down, or paint hte side panels silver. I said this before, but that bike rocks. One thing that'd look fantastic, but would be hard to do, would be to loose the SUZUKI on the tank and have a black Suzuki S instead... But I'm guessing the decals are under the clear like with the first gens, so that'd really call for a respray...

Another reason the coated frame is better than the K5/6 is that this bike wont have big silver patches on the frame in 25,000 miles ;)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
dude I'll knock your bike over if you paint those rims yellow.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Northwind said:
Another reason the coated frame is better than the K5/6 is that this bike wont have big silver patches on the frame in 25,000 miles ;)
the new frames are painted? ???

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok. the wheels are not going yellow.

the black hugger is a suggestion already in the works.

i'm trying to decide on a way to bring the silver into the black fairings, and the black into the silver. it's a work in progress - very slow progress

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
stranger said:
ok. the wheels are not going yellow.

the black hugger is a suggestion already in the works.

i'm trying to decide on a way to bring the silver into the black fairings, and the black into the silver. it's a work in progress - very slow progress
Just leave it excactly the way it is. It looks like some secret govt bike project. I really like the black fairing.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Stranger - PhotoShop? If so, is it fairly easy to use? My wife I think has it on her laptop. Would also like to try a few color combos myself.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jacques said:
Stranger - PhotoShop? If so, is it fairly easy to use? My wife I think has it on her laptop. Would also like to try a few color combos myself.
it is photoshop (i'm obivously not painting the wheels to just test the colors :D). but i'm not talented at the 'chopping to do it. there are plenty of people here who can do it. i'd suggest starting a thread for it. provide a base picture of what you wnat 'chopped

1 - 19 of 19 Posts