Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Dude, that thing is at least 3 years away from being offered for sale.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Thank God they're going to continue - and update - the V-Max. Strangely fun - in a terrifying way.

If I'm not mistaken - that looks like radial-mount brakes on a conventional fork. Unusual - to say the least.

Maybe the new one will stop and turn. If I were a maker of a current power cruiser - I'd be very nervous. I doubt the new Max will be a docile, well-behaved machine. It'll be angry, fast and totally impractical for anything except slowing the Earth's rotation under acceleration.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If they are getting 11k for a 21 year old design, who knows what they will ask for the new one.

Then again, if the new design comes out, maybe that will lower the prices on the used market and I can pick one up to go along with my SV1K.

DE

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Cruisers command big dollars. It's 11 grand, yes, but it's cheap compared to the competition (Victory Hammer, Triumph Rocket 3, VTX-1800 etc.)

The new one will be more money and scare the pants off every other bike.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
V-Max is a bad ass looking bike...without question. new look is even better.

I'm in love with my SV...doesnt mean I'll always have it. But I do think I will always have a sporty standard or sportsbike or something like that. with that said, the V-Max on my list of possible 2nd or 3rd bikes for its looks alone.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Lost in the great divorce of 2000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts