Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,140 Posts
First off, post pics! Everyone wants to see a near mint '99.
Second, replace the regulator/rectifier if it hasn't been already with an upgraded Shindigen unit. The moldy-oldie Suzuki r/r's are ticking time bombs waiting to fry your battery and stator, not to mention leave you stranded.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,244 Posts
And clean and line the tank. Rust sucks, and you can't see it. Welcome to SVR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First off, post pics! Everyone wants to see a near mint '99.
Second, replace the regulator/rectifier if it hasn't been already with an upgraded Shindigen unit. The moldy-oldie Suzuki r/r's are ticking time bombs waiting to fry your battery and stator, not to mention leave you stranded.
Thank you for the advice! I will discuss with my mechanic about getting that installed. Interestingly enough, he had a 99 SV when he was younger. Here's a few photos, more to come!
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle Wheel Tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,140 Posts
Unfortunately don't have that luxury, but I'm living his legacy, he used to ride his BMW down to Daytona every year from NY.
Be grateful he left the SV to you instead of the beemer ;)
He sounds like he enjoyed riding, I hope you have a good time appreciating what he left in your care.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We'll be waiting for the pics;)
Be grateful he left the SV to you instead of the beemer ;)
He sounds like he enjoyed riding, I hope you have a good time appreciating what he left in your care.
Definitely, riding is in the family's blood, I love the SV so far and am looking to keep it in it's great condition.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts