Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just signed up. I don't have an SV yet, but I rode an SV1000 this past weekend and am now in the market. Awesome bike!

A few notables:
-I live in MA.
-Been riding on the street since 1976 (you read that right)
-Am chief instructor for tony's track days
-MSF instructor
-Author of the Proficient Motorcycling and Street Strategies columns for Motorcycle Consumer News
-Author of Riding in the Zone
- Ex-roadracer

· Registered
4,139 Posts
Hey Ken! Makin' the jump to a twin eh? Very niiiice. :cool: You still gonna hold on to the 636 for the track?

To the rest of SVR.C, Ken taught me most of what I know.... which, in the grand scheme of things ain't all that much ;) but on top of being a helluva rider, Ken's also a helluva guy.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Ken! Makin' the jump to a twin eh? Very niiiice. :cool: You still gonna hold on to the 636 for the track?

To the rest of SVR.C, Ken taught me most of what I know.... which, in the grand scheme of things ain't all that much ;) but on top of being a helluva rider, Ken's also a helluva guy.
Awwww. Shucks. :hug:

· Registered
60 Posts
Hey all,
I just signed up. I don't have an SV yet, but I rode an SV1000 this past weekend and am now in the market. Awesome bike!

A few notables:
-I live in MA.
-Been riding on the street since 1976 (you read that right)
-Am chief instructor for tony's track days
-MSF instructor
-Author of the Proficient Motorcycling and Street Strategies columns for Motorcycle Consumer News
-Author of Riding in the Zone
- Ex-roadracer
Welcome. But I thought David L. Hough wrote proficient motorcycling.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes! This seems like a nice community.

Trambo has it right; Dave Hough is the author of the Proficient Motorcycling BOOKS, but I'm the author of the monthly PM articles in MCN.

There is a direct connection, though. I took the PM column over from Mr. Hough in 2003 or so. We met at Americade in 2001 or 2002 and he was looking to retire. I was in the right place at the right time. Dave Hough showed me the ropes and I still consider him my mentor. I am thrilled that he wrote the forward for my book.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, since I last posted, I bought a bike. But, it's not the bike I was expecting to buy. It's a 2000 Triumph Sprint RS. But, that doesn't mean I'll won't hang around you muggs. :nana:

New Bike, etc.

You'll also see on that page a small portion of the review that David Hough wrote for the latest issue of MCN. :hug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.