Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SV650, 2015 R NineT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking on SV Rider for a while now; this has been a fantastic resource. I recently purchased a 2008 SV650 for track days at NJMP. My first stop will be Washington Cycles in NJ for some suspension work and a base setup. The bike came with some nice aftermarket bits, but needs some TLC. I'm definitely interested to know the most common TD mods. I'm on a budget, so my priorities are 1) Fresh tires, 2) Suspension service (it has Race Tech springs and Penske rear shock that, I assume, need to be serviced), 3) bike protection (looking at GB case covers). After that some more personal protection (I need an air vest). Then... Woodcraft (or similar) rear sets. Honestly, I want most of my budget to go towards, you know, actually riding it at the track. Reach out if you ride an SV at NJMP!

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
cool! you're pretty near me (i'm in doylestown pa).
and yeah i run an sv of course (jersey, summit, pitt, nyst)

hit me up if you ever need help w anything or parts

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
btw, washington cycles isn't really the greatest race shop. maybe hit up triple strong racing in bath pa, or MDM in pipersville. or bauce racing.

·
Registered
2008 SV650, 2015 R NineT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw, washington cycles isn't really the greatest race shop. maybe hit up triple strong racing in bath pa, or MDM in pipersville. or bauce racing.
Good to know, thanks. I've heard good things from a few people about Washington -- did you have a bad experience?

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
not at all. they're just a dealership and not a race shop. so their expertise mostly lies elsewhere. i'm sure they can get you close, but once you start being fast fast they'll likely run out of talent.
any shop on the planet can get your sv capable of 1:45 on njmp. not everyone can set up an sv for the low 1:30s only a handful can set one up for the high 20s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts