Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2006 SV1000 tonight and noticed a few issues on the ride home... one important one is that the previous owner seems to have deleted the rear turn signals?? I assume it was to fit the custom 2-to-1 exhaust, but I'm going to need this guy to pass inspection. Space is a little cramped in that area, so I'm considering an integrated tail light and turn signal; is there one that is a KNOWN quantity as a drop-in unit? I'd prefer not to start cutting and splicing wires if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure where ya live, but check to be sure whether your state requires turn signals to pass inspection. Might have to fight the inspector on it. I know I had to. IMO registration > turn signals, if you can't wait to ride.

Mine's previous owner installed a fender elim kit that looks something like this except shittier:

I would post pictures but I am embarrassed by dirt.

As for integrated units for the 2nd gen, I'm curious as well if anyone here posts any. A quick search of the forum got me this: 2003-2009 Suzuki SV650/S Smoke Tail Light with Integrated Signals 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009

btw isn't the dual pipe exhaust standard on the SV1000?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where ya live, but check to be sure whether your state requires turn signals to pass inspection. Might have to fight the inspector on it. I know I had to. IMO registration > turn signals, if you can't wait to ride.

Mine's previous owner installed a fender elim kit that looks something like this except shittier:

I would post pictures but I am embarrassed by dirt.

As for integrated units for the 2nd gen, I'm curious as well if anyone here posts any. A quick search of the forum got me this: 2003-2009 Suzuki SV650/S Smoke Tail Light with Integrated Signals 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009

btw isn't the dual pipe exhaust standard on the SV1000?
Thanks for the reply, and there is a fender eliminator installed on this bike. Yes dual exhaust was the standard, this now has an M4 single outlet exhaust; and that pipe is so close to the rear license plate that there isn't room for the OEM turn signals.

I actually wired in that integrated brake/turnsignal tail light today; HOWEVER it would appear that my state (Virginia) requires the signals to be at least 9 inches apart. We'll see if the inspection station actually catches that I guess...

If it fails then I'll install a fender eliminator with properly spaced signals I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts