Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My name is Tyler Deeds and I am the definition of a noob. I just recently obtained my motorcycle license after finishing a motorcycle safety course and have no riding experience. Also today (May 31 ) I am picking up my first bike. It is an 2006 Sv650S. I live in central Ohio work a full time job and a part time job as well as going to college. I have my associate degree in Law Enforcement and in year will haves bachleors degree also. So expect so newb questions and any tips are defintly welcome:eek:ccasion14::vroom:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi Tyler, nice into on yourself. You've come to the right place, and congrats on picking up a SV - excellent choice!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi tyler... I'm a noob too - just bought a 2006 SV560S a few weeks ago and have rider course next week. Curious what you paid and if it has extras... i wanna feel like I got a great bargain, ya know?
This forum is awesome.
Melanie

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Welcome Melanie and DD07.
Melanie - What part of Texas?
DD07 - Some folks consider the SV throttle to be a little sensitive for beginners. The TPS adjustment is supposed to smooth out throttle response and lessen the sensitivity.
Also recommend getting some frame sliders (Motosliders popular here) to protect stuff in the event of a fall.

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi tyler... I'm a noob too - just bought a 2006 SV560S a few weeks ago and have rider course next week. Curious what you paid and if it has extras... i wanna feel like I got a great bargain, ya know?
This forum is awesome.
Melanie
Sorry for the late response. I need to change setting to get alerts. However I paid $3500 for mine and had around 3500 miles on it. It came with no extras just the bike.
As for the throttle yes it was touchy but I've become used to it and wouldn't change my choice of this bike because I love it. And thankfully the bike came with sliders in it. Can't wait to ride more and post more!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 13 of 13 Posts