Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this place today and I must admit it looks pretty good compared to some others!

All info I have ever read has nothing but praised the little 650S. "I want opionions from actual riders". I'm looking at an '03 copper colored S that has 5K miles. Its sitting at a suzuki dealership that I do "kinda" trust. They took it in with a cracked fairing, seems it was laid down...not bad, but enough to put a small break in the left side of the fairing. The new one was hanging on the wall and was going on this week -then up for sale. (the owner traded it in on a new Gixxer) Bike shop says everything will be pristine before it goes out the door and will have a 30 day warranty.

It has a slip on that sounded absoulty great and a rear fender delete kit.

*What is it worth?
*What should I be looking closely at?
*Can things be covered over easily? (see question 2)...
*Can you recommend this as a daily commuter...I do ~65 miles a day back and forth to work. (1/2 highway-1/4 urban- 1/4 back roads)....
*Was also considering the DL650 Weestrom or an older Honda 750VFR. Comparisons?

thanks in advance for any help....

Kutch

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
The SV is a great bike. You'll not regret it.
$4000 - $4500
Damage to mounting points, fairing stay, shifter pedal, or other parts that might have hit the ground.
Not too much to hide.
If you're gonna put on a lot of miles, a Gel seat or Corbin/Sargent seat may be in order.
The SV isnt a Touring bike. It wont be as comfy as those others. But it'll be more fun in the twisties.

J

·
0 Posts
I honestly wouldnt go a penny over 4k for that. 4.5k is way to much you can get a never laid down new 05 for about 1k more. It is a great bike. And i think the 03 SVs has the best rearsets (more aggresive).

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
jaycee said:
I honestly wouldnt go a penny over 4k for that.  4.5k is way to much you can get a never laid down new 05 for about 1k more.  It is a great bike.  And i think the 03 SVs has the best rearsets (more aggresive).
The reason I said 4 - 4500 is because (he said) the bike will be fixed, and dealers dont like to give the kind of deals you can find on our forum.

·
Registered
272 Posts
kutch said:
*Can you recommend this as a daily commuter...I do ~65 miles a day back and forth to work. (1/2 highway-1/4 urban- 1/4 back roads)....
Heck yeah! I do about 25mi each way to work and back whenever the weather isn't too shabby - definitely makes the day a good notch or two better than when I drive the cage. =)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good

The dealer said he'd let it go for 3500-3600...Somewhere in there.

So a seat would be a good first thing to change if I plan on lots of miles?

kutch

·
Registered
272 Posts
Try it out for a month or so - if you think that the stock seat is good for ya after a couple k, then there ya go - if you think you could do with some more comfort - get one =)

Wicked avatar btw, I think the one with the chain/sprocket makes me cringe the most

·
Registered
430 Posts
kutch said:
I have commuted on my 2000 naked just about every day for the past 4 years and love every minute of it.  

btw I love that fact that the original owner couldn't keep the shiny side up with an sv and decided a gixxer would be a better bike.  :D

J

·
0 Posts
Yea Dave.. Damn stealerships. Trust me you wont regret the sv for a kick arse bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hows the riding position on this bike?
After an hour are your wrists/back "feeling it"?
Can you get some bar extensions that will raise it up past the triples? Anyone do this?

THanks
kutch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts