Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend decided to fit my new seat unit, and work out how to jack up the tail.

Well here it is, still needs little things doing, like bolting it all together, and a spacer to hold the subframe in that position, but the project is moving forward. ;D

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
what color you going to paint everything?

G

·
;D i think he posted a thread about that blue and green.
thats different. good work. gota make a bracket for that passanger peg...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. i haven't sat on the seat yet, not realy bothered how comfy it is, i'll get used to it :)

2. put the seat on, and just lifted the ass, the seat seems to bend quite well, i think its because its had alot of foam removed.

3. Paint will be blue and green

4. Good effort Kid Thunder, nice to know someone is following the progress ;D

5. I'll finalise (for now) the exhaust hangar after the subframe is bolted on with the spacer. The exhaust is'nt staying there any ways, but one job at a time ;)

Thanks for looking 8)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
for far back are you pushing the bottum of the subframe?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
wow KT is doing something right.. ;)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
blacktape said:
wow KT is doing something right..   ;)
he caught me off guard ;D

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
got that right....haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B.a. said:
for far back are you pushing the bottum of the subframe?
Hopefully 40mm, will let you know when the spacer is made ;D, got into work early today so had chance to sketch it up. Now time to see the machinist.

·
Registered
745 Posts
gc, send me a step by step on how you did that if you don't mind. I been looking for a way to do this for a long time. I was gonna buy a new tail, but it looks like you got the skinny on how to do it on the cheap. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
'On the cheap' is my middle name ;)

If its all the same WeezerKDI do you mind waiting till i've had the spacers made, and i have fitted them. Its just that i don't want to go instructing folks to do stuff i've dreamt up if i havent made sure it works out.

I will definately compile a step by step guide.

Come to think of it, You could always sign up to www.disturbingthepeace.co.uk its a streetfighter based forum site in the UK, very friendly, and helpfull people on there. Plus loads more pictures of the updates, and how i sorted the seat unit. I havent put many words on there but you are more than welcome.

Just search for gc350, and post so i know your there.

All being well the tail will be finnished by the weekend, so i'll take more photos, and write some words. (providing im not too busy at work :()

Hope that all makes sense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kid Thunder said:
how is the seat...
is it comfortable...
This weekend, i fitted some temporary plates in place to hold the subframe, to find out just how comfortable/uncomfortable it would be, as up until now, nothing was secure enough to sit on. And the results were suprising......

It is very comfortable, didn't ride it, but sat in the riding position with both feet up, its as comfortable as it was before. At stationary position with feet on the floor, it put a little pressure on the trouser furniture, but i'm sure i'll get used to it.

All in all very please with the result.

Am awaiting the correct jack up kit, which is being made were i work, but as yet the chap has been busy doing real work.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
that's cool, i thought about doing the same thing, i'd like to see an update, take a pic of the bracket when it gets made, i'm a machinist (toolmaker) myself so it would be easy to do

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ah Jim, we are gonna have to talk when he posts his update. I may have to hire you out for a little project. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
still waiting for my bits :'(

when its been proven, i can send you the drawing in .tif, for viewing, or .dxf if you use nc machines.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
gc350 said:
still waiting for my bits  :'(

when its been proven, i can send you the drawing in .tif, for viewing, or .dxf if you use nc machines.
DXF would be sweet, do you have the files?? send them to my email [email protected], i can take a look and see how long it'll take to make

1 - 20 of 37 Posts