Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Matt and i am going to look at a 2006 sv650 with 1400 miles on it and wanted to know if anyone had any helpful tips on what to look for as far as known problems or sketchy things theyve seen I really want this bike but it seems too good to be true priced at around 3 grand. Any help or if there is another thread that may address this please post it and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's a good price, but not quite "buy of the century". S or N? I sold/traded my 06 SV650N w/ 10K miles on it for about $3.5k last year.

Look for any obvious damage or wear. IMHO, changes to signals, lights, pipes, etc lower the value rather than increasing it. I would be cautious if it has the typical "squid mods". With that age, I would expect it to be in perfect condition w/ evidence of a single drop/crash. I would hope for perfect, stock condition.

Once you get it, you should expect to change all the fluids, except possibly fork oil. That might not be a bad idea to do as well. The OEM Dunlops were nothing special, and you would probably be better off upgrading (I like PR2's / PR3's) as soon as possible, even if there is no obvious hardening or cracking.

Best wishes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts