Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems that Suzuki has been late in releasing info about their newest offerings at the EICMA show that started in Milan, Italy today.

However, I just found this video of a model that they've been showing around Europe for the last few weeks with a couple of different names. But it looks like officially it's the SV650X.

Hopefully it's more than just looks and perhaps an upgraded suspension, dropped a few pounds and maybe they've worked on the seat that all the major reviewers have panned.

Interesting video and I like the looks. http://www.globalsuzuki.com/eicma2017/sp/

EDIT: Looks like the seat height has increased slightly, not good news for me and the wet weight for ABS equipped has increased by about three lbs. Argh. Perhaps these specs only apply to this new X model and not the stock offering?

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Me likey.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx rockrat, I'm liking the X model a lot. Any idea of the seat is any more comfortable than the original..or just looks different? Have fun!

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Other than different bars and different seat, everything else remains the same comfort-wise.

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Freakin' sweet!

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Straticus, that's the Standard ABS model for 2018, not the SX.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I like the cafe racer style, but to complete the look it should have a twin shock rear suspension. Of course that would require a complete revision of the frame and swing arm, so I understand why they didn't take that route. Overall, a nice machine. A couple extra pounds for abs is not a bad thing, might save somebody's butt.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Belly pan shape looks out of place with the rest of the bike. :p

Was there a Black / Red frame & wheels SV there?
Agree, don't care for the belly pan. It isn't in every pic so it must be a factory option. Sure do love the rest of it though...especially the paint job. Probably at least $500 more than standard SV?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think that tiny little fairing was the least expensive way Suzuki could pull the old SVS clip-ons out of the parts bin. But if it helps sales great. The more they sell, the better the chance of getting improved forks and brakes, etc... or one could hope anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
I think that tiny little fairing was the least expensive way Suzuki could pull the old SVS clip-ons out of the parts bin. But if it helps sales great. The more they sell, the better the chance of getting improved forks and brakes, etc... or one could hope anyway.

LOL. The SV sales peaked many, many moons ago and, even then, Suzuki didn't have any interest in improving the suspension and braking performance of our beloved budget bikes. What makes you think they would now?

·
Registered
109 Posts
LOL. The SV sales peaked many, many moons ago and, even then, Suzuki didn't have any interest in improving the suspension and braking performance of our beloved budget bikes. What makes you think they would now?

Because of the competition Suzuki faces in the entry level marketplace. If they wish the SV to stay relevant it needs to capture enough of the market. But it could be they'll eventually just let it die off instead of making any meaningful improvements.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts