1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New sv'er here, bought an 05 650s Blue (fastest) last October and have
been learning as much about it as I can. Been reading every post on
SVRIDER since then. Bought the bike completely stock and have been
slowly collecting gear and a couple things for the bike.

So far I have the OEM SV Gel Seat and Motosliders. Plan on getting the
OEM Seat Cowl, a Fender Eliminator (Brand Suggestions?) and eventually a
full exhaust and suspension stuff. As for gear I have a Tour Master
Coaster 2 jacket, Joe Rocket Big Bang Boots, HJC Helmet (came with
bike). I plan on getting a Shoei RF-1000 Helmet or Scorpion EXO-700 (is the Shoei really worth 150 bucks more?), Cortech Vice Gloves,
and Tour Master Textile Pants.

Which brings me to the point of this thread, anyone have a 10% off
newenough coupon they can PM to me? It would save me like 50 bucks. Also
I'm open to any gear suggestions from what I have picked.

I'm also taking the MSF Course end of April so I won't start riding till
May. Plus I still have 2 ft of snow in my yard. I plan on mostly
commuting to work (50 miles round trip) on all back roads and some
weekend trips in northern nh and maine. Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey, for the fender eliminator, I spent a lot of time looking into that. My goals were to keep the stock signals and keep the light for my plate. I ended up getting one from Hamicad and I'm really happy with it. It was around 100 shipped from England, but worth. Also, it looks like evotech is pretty similar to the hamicad.

As far as the newenough discount goes, I cant help you there.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
New sv'er here, bought an 05 650s Blue (fastest) last October and have
been learning as much about it as I can. Been reading every post on
SVRIDER since then. Bought the bike completely stock and have been
slowly collecting gear and a couple things for the bike.

So far I have the OEM SV Gel Seat and Motosliders. Plan on getting the
OEM Seat Cowl, a Fender Eliminator (Brand Suggestions?) and eventually a
full exhaust and suspension stuff. As for gear I have a Tour Master
Coaster 2 jacket, Joe Rocket Big Bang Boots, HJC Helmet (came with
bike). I plan on getting a Shoei RF-1000 Helmet or Scorpion EXO-700 (is the Shoei really worth 150 bucks more?), Cortech Vice Gloves,
and Tour Master Textile Pants.

Which brings me to the point of this thread, anyone have a 10% off
newenough coupon they can PM to me? It would save me like 50 bucks. Also
I'm open to any gear suggestions from what I have picked.

I'm also taking the MSF Course end of April so I won't start riding till
May. Plus I still have 2 ft of snow in my yard. I plan on mostly
commuting to work (50 miles round trip) on all back roads and some
weekend trips in northern nh and maine. Thanks!
I make and sell a fender eliminator for the 2nd gen SVs. Here is my thread.

Most will say the full exhaust isn't worth the extra money. Not only is it quite a bit more expensive, you'll also need to retune the bike via Power Commander (or similar). All that for only a few horses...

The Shoei RF-1000 is definitely worth the extra $150. It's in a different class as the EXO-700. It a good deal lighter, quieter, and better built (in my opinion), I've had both an RF-1000 and an EXO-1000. I'd buy the RF again any day over the EXO (I currently have a Shark RSR-2 that I'm contemplating selling to get another RF-1000).

·
Chief Greeter
28,544 Posts
Hi LiveFreeorDie, Welcome to SVR.

Have fun and ride safe!

:fiddy:

Was looking for discount, there were links but are all invalid, possibly the 10% offer is over? Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nborsari, i was looking at the evotech, looks pretty nice
dubtecv, i've been reading about your eliminator, everyone seems pretty happy about it so far, might get a #5 if you make some more and i don't feel like shelling out 100 bucks for a namebrand one. Thanks for the helmet review, i planned on getting the Shoei but i was bored at work today and was looking at all the others and the EXO was the only other that appealed to me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good on you for taking the course before riding! I did the same thing before i started riding. I used to ride dirtbikes, and i took my 88 Katana (first bike) out on the road and when i came up to the first turn, i realized i didn't really know what i was doing, was going too fast, much heavier than a dirtbike, and pretty much just tried to hang over the side because that's what you see people do when they turn (I'm stupid, yes i know)... foruntately, i did make the turn, i made it home, and left the bike where it was until the course.. Afterwards it was a world of difference, i actually knew what i was doing, and was fairly confident for a beginner.

Long story short: Safety course is worth EVERY PENNY!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've heard too many bad stories about people crashing and getting messed not knowing what they were doing. so i want to take it slow and not mess up. trying to get some good gear too. not a big fan of road rash. i've riddent basically everything else besides a motorcycle...4wheeler, snowmobile, jetski, mopeds so i'm not too worried but still will be cautious. its been painful while the sv sits in my garage wanting to be ridden especially since i'm starting to see more bikes on the road as the days get nicer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and why would you want pics? i'm pretty sure everyone knows what a stock 05 650s looks like. plus i don't know how to post them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts