Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks all for the nice comments.

ride_naked said:
Why you would want to go to 2-into-1 exhaust is beyond me when dual sounds SO much better. NEway, congrats- teh black is the sweetness and what's the brand of rear stand you have?
Mostly to shave weight, I'm starting at about a 50lb disadvantage to the 650 so I need to drop wieght where I can, but I also like the look of the single race mount M4.

Nexus242 said:
Who were you married to that owns a 650??? I do hope your getting the lowers and a nice big shinny stainless exhaust can!!!!! Oh so sexy!!!
I bought my wife an SV in April, I've been coming here since we decided that's what she was going to get, she's not a member here, not big on the internet forum thing.

Nexus242 said:
Okay hold on???? Liutas is a chick??? When was found out??? I'm so clueless I swear.
No, I am not a chick, and I never plan to be the mistress of anything.

Jared McDonley said:
Is that one of the cheap Ebay stands? How is it?
Yes it is, I like it alot, very well built, but as you can see from the pics, it holds the rear quite a ways off the ground.

·
Registered
482 Posts
ride_naked said:
Why you would want to go to 2-into-1 exhaust is beyond me when dual sounds SO much better. NEway, congrats- teh black is the sweetness and what's the brand of rear stand you have?
That's what I was thinking. Serious L, FINE RIDE. R_N, the rear stand is the thruster stand. The thread for the stand is HERE. I have the rear and it is a quality piece of work. I didn't have the $$ to drop on a pitbull b/c of the gear I bought for the woman, but this is right up there in quality.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Ah, thanks dude. I thought that's what it was but I've only seen it in red before. The black and blue on the stand looks good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Damn that's nice, I wish the sv650s had black in 2005 models

·
Registered
449 Posts
That is a hot looking bike. i dont think the 06 colors have been announced for the 650 yet but i'm curious to see if black made it in the lineup. Black looks really good, and I think it was only offered for 1 year for the 1st gen. 01? 02?

i know a guy with a black RR and he says he would probably never buy a black bike again. He says its too hard to keep clean. I think he's just way too anal about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
WOW :eek: that looks tasty!  :eek:

My friend just had his 99 650 blacked out, looks pretty sick, but not as sick as yours!

Congrats and welcome to the family ;D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Spirit of Bunny said:
That is a hot looking bike. i dont think the 06 colors have been announced for the 650 yet but i'm curious to see if black made it in the lineup. Black looks really good, and I think it was only offered for 1 year for the 1st gen. 01? 02?

i know a guy with a black RR and he says he would probably never buy a black bike again. He says its too hard to keep clean. I think he's just way too anal about it.
I hope they do the both the black and that bright red on the 06 650.  The Red 1K with the blacke frame is beautiful.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Liutas said:
Thanks all for the nice comments.

No, I am not a chick, and I never plan to be the mistress of anything.
oops that was probably my fault, I heard something about spouse's bike and assumed you were speaking of a husband who already had an SV :-[

So about the mistress thing......maybe in the right pair of leather pants, hmm. j/k

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
03-SV650RR said:
That looks sweet.  Now all you need is a Sharkskinz like mine: http://bikepics.com/members/sv650rr/03sv650s/
That's the fairing I plan on getting. Thanks for the pics, I was looking for some good pics of those fairings mounted on a bike. One question, on the right side aft where it mounts just below the rear break lever, did you have to drill into the frame?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I havent done it yet but im gonna cut the peg off a junk bike and weld it to the bottom
of the kickstand and cut that crazy thing off. Dont know what they were thinking
when they made it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
She looks hot the way she is. Some turnsignals and fender eliminator but I cant see the full fairing. Loves'em with just the chin spoiler on it.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
That's the fairing I plan on getting. Thanks for the pics, I was looking for some good pics of those fairings mounted on a bike. One question, on the right side aft where it mounts just below the rear break lever, did you have to drill into the frame?
I think it would look better naked.

YMMV :dontknow:

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
I think it would look better naked.

YMMV :dontknow:
They makin' Wayback Machines instead of bus parts up there in Delaware now? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Talk about reviving an old thread.Needing some posts guys.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts