Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally officially a member of the SV family, not just by marriage anymore. I went out yesterday and picked up my black '05 SV1000s. I managed to put 100 miles on it today and much like the 650 was, it's painful keeping it within the break-in limits. It wants so bad to stretch it's legs. It's a bit heavier than the 650 but it looks like I'll be able to trim some pounds by replacing that god-awful exhaust with a nice 2-into-1. And have you seen the gargantuan kickstand peg thingy? (sorry about the technical jargon) That thing's gotta go before somebody gets hurt. Will the kickstand from a 650 fit the 1000? I suppose since I have both sitting in the garage I can go see for myself but it's easier to ask if anyone already knows.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theoldguy said:
Congrats Liutas.  Do you have any pics yet?
I do, I'm currently seeking a place to host them for me.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Liutas said:
I do, I'm currently seeking a place to host them for me.
If you let me paint it blue in the pictures, I'll host them ;) JK. Faelyur's link is the site I use. It's free and relatively painless.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, here ya go:

Fender eliminator and Nate's sliders are already on the way, when the 900 sells I'll be ordering up my new exhaust.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Liutas said:
It's a bit heavier than the 650 but it looks like I'll be able to trim some pounds by replacing that god-awful exhaust with a nice 2-into-1.
Why you would want to go to 2-into-1 exhaust is beyond me when dual sounds SO much better. NEway, congrats- teh black is the sweetness and what's the brand of rear stand you have?

·
Registered
238 Posts
holy smokes that looks killer stock. some black dual exhausts, some powdercoating on a few silver bits..a chick in black leathers...you would be the mistress of satan ma'dear. cool as a fan.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Liutas said:
So I'm finally officially a member of the SV family, not just by marriage anymore. I went out yesterday and picked up my black '05 SV1000s.
Who were you married to that owns a 650??? I do hope your getting the lowers and a nice big shinny stainless exhaust can!!!!! Oh so sexy!!!

N

·
0 Posts
"obscenely sexy" pretty much describes it.. if I weren't so cheap I'd buy one myself!

:p

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Damn!! :eek:

That is HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!!

Love the black!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
acedeluxe said:
........a chick in black leathers...you would be the mistress of satan ma'dear. cool as a fan.
Okay hold on???? Liutas is a chick??? When was found out??? I'm so clueless I swear.

·
Registered
397 Posts
omg i need to go change my underwear :p hahahahaha i love black bikes...I think i'll eventually get mine painted black...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts