Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Chad. I am a new SV650S rider! I just bought an 03 Copper S with 2800 miles on it. It is in perfect condition. I am in southern oregon. Just wanted to say hi!

(where do you guys host your pics?)

here is a picture of my Bike.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
greetings and welcome to our cult... hehe :wink:

there is a photo album on the main entrance page to the site (not the forum main page) and you can use it to upload pics to... it takes a bit for them to show up though as I remember.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to the addiction

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase of your bike. Now you can look forward to sacrificing both necessities and luxuries in life so that you can mod it and make it everything you want it to be. At which point youll completely change your opinion and start all over....enjoy :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Chad! and everyone here at svrider!

nice sv! this is my first post, I'm new as well.

How much did you get it for? I'm looking to buy one, in Oregon.

Can anyone tell me the avg price for a '01 Sv650s? ~$3500?

·
Registered
88 Posts
imdbui said:

I paid $3500 for a 2002 SV650S with only 820 miles on mine. But the former owner had just bought a V-Rod and needed the money, so he let it go cheap.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Welcome to SVR.

Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome to the clubhouse, theres a lotta crazy people in here but they're all really cool and between them have amassed about all there is to know about SV's. To the question asked also i bought my 01 SV in april with 2269 miles on it for $3000, owner had back taxes owed and big brother was gettin after him so he cut me a deal.

K

·
0 Posts
New Too!

Bummer story though:
Bought my SV650S July 18 found out the nicho aftermarket exhoust was burning a hole in MY battery box. two days later they figured to put a thinner battery. drove home 2 blocks away. Next day didn't start another 2 days! I figured I didn't drive it far enough for the battery to charge, fine. So finnally picked it up took it out for a ride (2 miles!) and the gears were gone! San Diego's House of motorcycles sold me a F'n Lemon. they're trying to say I did the damage! I could'nt test drive it cause I dont have an M1. The bike was traded in the day I bought it. Got a lawyer and all that jazz but I WANT MY SV! any advice? :evil:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: New Too!

Kartel Media said:
Bummer story though:
Bought my SV650S July 18 found ...
man that sucks... what did your lawyer say about it. Is it a easy case? i mean there is hardly evidence that you didnt anything to the bike... not saying you did, but you are gonna have to prove that you didnt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tom B said:
imdbui said:

I paid $3500 for a 2002 SV650S with only 820 miles on mine. But the former owner had just bought a V-Rod and needed the money, so he let it go cheap.
cool, thanks.

There is a 2001 for sale in my area, listed $3500 OBO, and here are the specs:

- Clear title
- 24,xxx miles, commuting from Corvallis to Portland
- New gold X-ring chain, D208?s at end of last season, K&N air filter
- Scorpion high mount exhaust which sounds awesome with the 90º twin
- Frame sliders
- Fender eliminator kit
- Jet kit
- Flush mount signal kit
- +1 in rear, -1 in front
- Included is the original exhaust, and a GSXR rear shock that greatly increases handling and performance but is not installed
- Never abused
- Sorry, 100% deposit required for test ride

what do you guys think? buy it? wonder if the seller is on these :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imdbui said:
Tom B said:
imdbui said:

cool, thanks.

There is a 2001 for sale in my area, listed $3500 OBO, and here are the specs:

- Clear title
- 24,xxx miles, commuting from Corvallis to Portland
- New gold X-ring chain, D208?s at end of last season, K&N air filter
- Scorpion high mount exhaust which sounds awesome with the 90º twin
- Frame sliders
- Fender eliminator kit
- Jet kit
- Flush mount signal kit
- +1 in rear, -1 in front
- Included is the original exhaust, and a GSXR rear shock that greatly increases handling and performance but is not installed
- Never abused
- Sorry, 100% deposit required for test ride

what do you guys think? buy it? wonder if the seller is on these :D

I bought mine in PDX (west linn) listed for 4900 Got it for 4200 came with Joe rocket Jacket, HJC helmet, Gloves, Chain lube, Rollastand it has 2800miles on it.

(there is a Silver 03 here for 4000 21K on it new chain and tires, tank bag, gel seat.) I can get you the number for it if you are interested?
He is in Talent Oregon.

I don't think a got a crazy deal but not bad considering the extras.. and the fact that it look brand new!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sweet, fellow Oregonians! Where in S. Ore you from? We need an Oregon ride sometime. West Coast Rally

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought mine in PDX (west linn) listed for 4900 Got it for 4200 came with Joe rocket Jacket, HJC helmet, Gloves, Chain lube, Rollastand it has 2800miles on it.

(there is a Silver 03 here for 4000 21K on it new chain and tires, tank bag, gel seat.) I can get you the number for it if you are interested?
He is in Talent Oregon.

I don't think a got a crazy deal but not bad considering the extras.. and the fact that it look brand new!
i'm interested... could you like PM me with some info... greatly appriecated

BTW... how many miles is too many? 03 with 21k, what should i be expecting? what kind of serviceing is required for 21k's?

thanks~db

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imdbui said:

He is in Talent Oregon.

BTW... how many miles is too many? 03 with 21k, what should i be expecting? what kind of serviceing is required for 21k's?

thanks~db
The Bike is owned by a guy named Dan Smith. His number is 512 -1330 I would do a valve adj. on th bike. (it has a new chain and new tires.) Should be good for another 6K before anything else i would guess?
Tell Him Chad told you about the Bike, (he decided not to sell the bike when i was ready but he may be ready to sell it now. (it is in GREAT SHAPE!) He is Firm at 4K on the bike.

I am in Central Point. (Medford) lets get a ride together on of these days!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Johnson8537 said:
imdbui said:

He is in Talent Oregon.

thanks~db
The Bike is owned by a guy named Dan Smith. His number is 512 -1330 I would do a valve adj. on th bike. (it has a new chain and new tires.) Should be good for another 6K before anything else i would guess?
Tell Him Chad told you about the Bike, (he decided not to sell the bike when i was ready but he may be ready to sell it now. (it is in GREAT SHAPE!) He is Firm at 4K on the bike.

I am in Central Point. (Medford) lets get a ride together on of these days!
hey thanks a lot Chad... this is gonna be my first bike, so i've got much to learn and will need lil more cash for the 4k, but i will give him a call.

I'm in Corvallis, and once i get a SV, I'll be down for getting together a ride to the coast or something with fellow oregonians :)

THANKS AGIAN!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts