Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a sv650s candy blue with a gel seat, the guy sold it for 6000 but the cost at a dealer would be about 7000!

I have some issues when shifting from first to 2nd, I normally hit neutral for some reason(I heard its a noob thing)! Well anyways I was turning at a stop light and there was a straight stretch of about 35 feet and then another turn and the lanes were also merging. I had time to shift up but she went into neutral instead of 2nd and i freaked lost control and layed my bike down! I noticed after the wreck that the lower fairing bracket broke that i had my slider mounted to! Anyone know a better support for the sliders? I don't want to pay for lower fairings and such if this happens again..... hopefully it won't happen tho.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Get some no-cut motosliders from SVRacingparts.com (Site Sponsor). Blair will take care of you and get your stuff out to you quickly. The other option is R&G Sliders but they are about $50-$75 more. The ones from Blair are about $125 + shipping, but they are very well made. The design came from another member here who started working with Motosliders.

I just bought some stuff from Blair and he shipped it next day and I had it 2 days later. Great guy to work with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow the construction on the sliders looks to be 78% stronger than the sv650s brackets for the lower fairing (slang word is j brackets). i just hope if i lay my baby down again will this fully protect it? and how can i prevent the 1st to neutral when im shifting to 2nd problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts