Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of my new bike emblem?  The 'R' is identical to the TL1000R's emblem and added the SV from the factory emblem.   When the bike was Sunset Orange the old emblem had SV650R (like in my sig), but thinking of dropping the 650 part when I put it on the new Stahlblau Metallic paint.

Opinions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Changed sig, so here's the old emblem

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
ancosta said:
Looks good, but not sure where the "R" comes into play? GSVR, that is a motogp bike with a V4 I think.
gasp!!! you didn't know?! putting a full fairing on a bike automatically turns it into a racebike... thus the "R"

::)

kinda like putting a fart can and wing on a civic makes it a type-r.. lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
i just got custom tapeworks done that say SV717R on them. the 717 for the bored out engine and the R, for...well looks i guess

so don't feel bad, do what you want. for me i thought the R added something much needed to make the grafix look proportional

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wonderjosh said:
gasp!!! you didn't know?! putting a full fairing on a bike automatically turns it into a racebike... thus the "R"

::)

kinda like putting a fart can and wing on a civic makes it a type-r..  lol
Ummm, okay where did I state that my bike is an racebike??????  Let's think.  SV650 is naked, SV650S is 1/4 fairing, so why can't my full fairing bike be an SV650R.   Or here's another comparision, look at the TL1000S which is, look-wise, what a SV650S is.  Now add a full fairing and you get a TL1000R. Besides, what the hell kind of SV racebike has a 5.5" rear rim with a 180 tire?  I can also throw in the fact that if I ran my hawk against the SV, the car will win... Now where's the racebike in that?

You're probably one of the imports running around with fart cans...

I'm glad I can design my own emblems and change them up, keeps my bike unique in this SV-mod world.

·
Registered
482 Posts
InfiniteReality said:
Ummm, okay where did I state that my bike is an racebike?????? Let's think. SV650 is naked, SV650S is 1/4 fairing, so why can't my full fairing bike be an SV650R. Or here's another comparision, look at the TL1000S which is, look-wise, what a SV650S is. Now add a full fairing and you get a TL1000R. Besides, what the hell kind of SV racebike has a 5.5" rear rim with a 180 tire? I can also throw in the fact that if I ran my hawk against the SV, the car will win... Now where's the racebike in that?

You're probably one of the imports running around with fart cans...

I'm glad I can design my own emblems and change them up, keeps my bike unique in this SV-mod world.
Don't sweat it. they're just messin with you. I personally like the orange one myself, but I think it's more of a color thing than anything else. The design looks good though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
take it easy ladies, although that comment  about adding the R made me spit up some hot chocolate..

infinite, my thoughts about you and your bike designs; when i saw the pictures of your bike on the kgcycles webpage, which is where i bought my fairings, i thought you had a gorgeous, clean sv but that sv emblem totally throws it off. this new paint job you have also looks fantastic but dont, please god, put a big emblem on it, it looks so much cleaner and "stealth" without it. thats my $.02 the logo does look good tho, if you MUST put it on, how about putting it ontop of the triples?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
novakane said:
take it easy ladies, although that comment  about adding the R made me spit up some hot chocolate..

infinite, my thoughts about you and your bike designs; when i saw the pictures of your bike on the kgcycles webpage, which is where i bought my fairings, i thought you had a gorgeous, clean sv but that sv emblem totally throws it off. this new paint job you have also looks fantastic but dont, please god, put a big emblem on it, it looks so much cleaner and "stealth" without it. thats my $.02 the logo does look good tho, if you MUST put it on, how about putting it ontop of the triples?
I'm glad I had an emblem on the orange, basically cause it's broke up the paint. I rode it with nothing on it for several months until I got bored of no emblem. I'm in the same case here, several months with no emblem and I need to change it a bit... What about if I could do an outline of sorts or ghost emblem?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
ok a ghost emblem would look awesome...imo thats the only kind that would look good but i mean you do what u want, its ur baby :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
InfiniteReality said:
What do you think of my new bike emblem?  The 'R' is identical to the TL1000R's emblem and added the SV from the factory emblem.   When the bike was Sunset Orange the old emblem had SV650R (like in my sig), but thinking of dropping the 650 part when I put it on the new Stahlblau Metallic paint.

Opinions?

Do you know of anywhere I could buy something like that? It would look great in red trimmed w/ fluor. yellow on my racebike :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
i like the one in your sig better than the pic you posted. mainly because the sv is not so small in comparison to the r.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here's something I posted up long-time-go when somebody asked about why mine was a SV700RS:

Suzuki uses
Model - SV
Engine- 650
Fairing- S

I use
Model - SV
Engine- 700R (R is for the stage 2 cams, etc..)
Fairing- S

If it were full faired it would be SV700RR, and naked SV700-R.

A production class race SV with full fairing is a SV650R, a modified one is SV650RR, a modified with no fairing is SV650-R, 1/4 fairing SV650RS, etc, etc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
schultzboy said:
i like the one in your sig better than the pic you posted. mainly because the sv is not so small in comparison to the r.
Damn, you good bro! This is true, the one in my presesnt sig does have a bigger "SV" than the pic I posted! Ditto what you said, hence the reason I've changed it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I assmed now have been proven! I agree 100% with it, though I'm gonna leave the 650 part out on this emblem just to be different. Very few know what a SV around here is anyways and the few people that do are friends...

Thanks!

Lil Blue02 said:
Here's something I posted up long-time-go when somebody asked about why mine was a SV700RS:

Suzuki uses
Model - SV
Engine- 650
Fairing- S

I use
Model - SV
Engine- 700R (R is for the stage 2 cams, etc..)
Fairing- S

If it were full faired it would be SV700RR, and naked SV700-R.

A production class race SV with full fairing is a SV650R, a modified one is SV650RR, a modified with no fairing is SV650-R, 1/4 fairing SV650RS, etc, etc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
novakane said:
so if i put a different shock on mine, and some front end modifications along with some rearsets i can be a 650r?
Nah, full fairings means it's already a SV650R. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts